main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

I'm sorry to hear your Sure Signals stopped working @sdavid756. If it's still under warranty, you can visit your local Vodafone store and they'll be able to replace it for you.

Of course, if you have any problems at all; you can get in touch with us here on the Social Media team via Facebook or Twitter

If you do; please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username. This will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi, I have a faulty Sure Signal v3, just out of warranty. How do I go about getting it replaced please?

View more options

@mikeb2 - Please let us know what's happening with your Sure Signal. 

View more options

Well it's completely dead - no lights on at all. The only thing it does is make a faint high pitched whistling noise while it's plugged in.

View more options

That doesn't sound good @mikeb2. My advice to you is to unplug this from the mains and get in touch with us privately through Twitter or Facebook, with your full name, mobile number and a link to your post here and we'll be happy to discuss your options and if needed replace the Sure Signal.

View more options

HI Mark, I don't use Twitter or Facebook, can I just message you on here please?

View more options
6: Helper

Vodafone, what's with the Facebook and Twitter nonsense?  Just fix your CUSTOMERS' problems, they are the ones who pay your salaries, yeah?

I would remind folk here that the Suresignal V3 problem is one where the units are not fit for purpose and the 2-year Warranty is NOT relevant.  They should be replaced at any time by Vodafone, as their original CEO promised (see page 1 of this thread).

Do NOT bother going to a shop, you will get nowhere

Do NOT bother calling, you will get nowhere

Do NOT bother doing an online chat, you will get nowhere

This forum has been the only place where the true problem has been recognised and to their credit the VF support staff here have been pretty good, with only the odd exception

For further technical information on the problem, see the links in my signature

If you are still having problems with getting satisfaction I have 2 suggestions:

1. Quit Vodafone.  Both Three and EE have their own equivalent femtocells which they DO NOT CHARGE FOR. You will also save a lot of hassle.  Check the Facebook Closed group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1729100470701249/    You may decide to just not bother!

2.  If you're wanting or having to stay with Vodafone, and are not getting satisfaction try CISAS https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/  (directed from OFCOM at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/adr-schemes)

View more options

@mikeb2  - We’ll need to take your personal details securely. If you haven’t got a Twitter or Facebook account, please contact us through Live Chat or 191.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, same as many here, my Alcatel-Lucent Suresignal V3 was working for a while (but was always very hot). It's no longer working, no lights and so on. What's the process for getting a replacement unit that is not inherently faulty please?

View more options

The only way you'll get a unit that is not inherently faulty is to go to EE or Three or go to a phone that supports wifi calling.  Even when you get a replacement SureSignal via this forum, it'll still fail after 2-3 years.  See full story in the links in my signature

View more options

My young child wake me up at 2am complaining about hearing a strange noise.  We trace the high pitch noise to the suresignal. No lights were working and I notice a faint burning smell. Unplug it and took it to my local store this morning, They refuse to replace it as it is pass the guarantee period. Got it about 2 years and 5 months ago, also a replacement for a previous one that "burned" out.  Previous messages on this board mention contacting Vodafone by Twitter or facebook. Is that still the best option?

PS. Hope my child do ok in his school test today after the disruptive events at 2 am.  

View more options

Sorry to hear this.  2 years 5 months is dead on cue.  I don't know whether the Twitter/Facebook route is actually working.  Certainly this forum has to date been the only place anyone can get satisfaction.  Hopefully there will be a VF admin along before too long.

See the 2nd link in my signature for full details.  I am currently counselling that people move away from Vodafone as they simply don't really care.  EE and Three have equivalents, or go to wifi calling

View more options

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your Sure Signals. The warranty on our Sure Signal is currently two years, so if you're is still within that time @anycoop the best thing to do would be pop into your local store; they'll be happy to sort you a replacement.

If you'll have any issues with this, you and @Debford100 can both contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be happy to investigate further. 

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

The Sure signal was purchase 2 years and 5 months ago. I spoke to Vodafone customer service and they happy to replace it free of charge as it is a known problem and the serial number indicates a batch that have the  problems with overheating and  burn out.

They made a note on my account and advise me to collect one free of charge from my local store in Dorking.   I went in yesterday but unfortunately the store could not connect to account system  to see the notes on my account as the system was down.    I will try again later today to collect. 

View more options

TJ, the 2 year warranty is not relevant, as this is a known problem which renders the units not fit for purpose and is caused by a design fault.  Consumer law requries that they are replaced, and if you check the top of this thread you will see the Vodfone CEO promised they would be replaced.

All anyone wants is for VF to acknowledge this problem and just replace these units without fuss or charge.  Please note there are units still exploding; the only reason that there (may not have been) a fire is because the units are air tight and the internal explosion and fire soon runs out of air and subsides.  These are DANGEROUS units which Vodafone has failed to deal with properly, and so far they have got away with it.  No doubt putting head in sand and waiting for phones to go over to wifi calling.

If you want the full technical story on these units see the second thread linked in my signature.

View more options

Fantastic, and well done to Dorking.  You might ask whether this was a circular notice. i.e. are all stores going to start doing this?

View more options