cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal bought and owned by me since new, now deactivated by Vodafone.

wellfan
4: Newbie

- Community home

As in title. My wife and I were Vodafone customers for well over 15 years, but left last year after both of us were badly lied to by the retentions team (long story). We had used our Suresignal up until we left in January of this year, nine months ago. We moved to Talkmobile, but signal has dropped dramatically over past few months, so had planned to return to Vodafone. Had a 'Live Chat' with Vodafone reagrding my Suresignal and was reassured that I could re-register it and all would be fine. So I bought a Vodafone PAYG sim just to make sure before we took out contracts. PAYG was registered and I re-registered the Suresignal on Thursday morning and all worked well until I recieved an email from Vodafone that afternoon stating my Suresignal was being deactivated. Sure enough it was, and I am now not able to reactivate it. 'Live Chat' basically said that if I wanted to return to Vodafone I would need to buy a new Suresignal - no chance of that. He said that my Suresignal was deactivated, despite in perfect working order, as I had not used if for over 9 months. Please could someone help. 

31 REPLIES 31

wellfan
4: Newbie

Update. Telephoned customer services and a helpful guy reactivated it. So now active, but will not let me add other numbers, just get that silly error message, so not much further forward as it is only a PAYG sim that is registered, and I want to add two contract numbers to it!

Any thoughts?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @wellfan - I'm glad to hear this has been reactivated for you.

So we can add your numbers to the Sure Signal, please speak with us on Live Chat and we can access your account securely to help.

Please let us know how you get on.

Live chat was a waste of time. I now have the second number registered, and it got a text message saying it can now use the Suresignal, but it is not receiving the boosted signal, still stuck on a 1 bar 2G signal. Please advise how to get this sorted. I have deregistered the number and reregistered it several times to no avail.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wellfan -  This isn't good to hear!

We can check the number from our side. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Further update. Had a call from Vodafone, but on the number that barely has a signal! Total waste of time as we were unable to have a conversation as the line kept dropping. This is going to become even more complicared as we are porting both of our Talkmobile numbers today, so gooodness knows what will happen now.

I have sent another message requesting that someone call my house number, but in the contact number they want your mobile number!

Please could someone sort this, surely all that is required is for the box to be rebooted Vodafone end. 

My other Suresignal box that my daughter will be using works with all our phones, same phones that wont boost on this Suresignal box. So the phones are okay, just the box being temperamental.

Update. Just as I expected, numbers now ported and 'My Vodafone' shows the changed numbers in 'my account', BUT my Suresignal has disappered from my account, if I try to register it, it wont let me as it is obviously still registered to my pre-ported number. What an absolute pain in the backside. My two Suresignal boxes have now become locked due to Vodafone. I am just off a call to their Suresignal team , and got absolutely nowhere. If someone could please de-register my two boxes, I could re-register them with my new numbers. I am flabbergasted at having to deal with this nonsense.

Hi Gemma, I am not sure if you appreciate what the process was when I replied to your response to send a 'private message'. Sorry, but all that happens is someone calls you who has absolutely no idea about even the basics of the Suresignal. I could go on, but don't want to bore others. I have wasted probably the best part of four hours over the past few days on 'live chat' and phone calls, plus all the time doing resets, etc.

Basically, my problem now is, I have ported two Talkmobile numbers to Vodafone. My Suresignals were registered using the Vodafone numbers, now my Talkmobile numbers are registered on 'my vodafone' account, the Suresignals have now disappeared. Strikes me that Vodafone have stolen my Suresignal boxes.

Surely it should be simple for someone from Vodafone to contact me, ask me for Suresignal serial numbers and deregister them. I could then reregister them again with my new numbers. The last person to call me seemed to understand that this would be helpful and reasssured me that he would do it, this was over 24 hours ago, and still no resolution.

If anyone is reading this, am I being unreasonable?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wellfan - I’m sorry that this still isn’t fully resolved.

I’ve searched for your email via the address you registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing. Please let us know the email reference from the auto reply (it looks like #123456).

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I am not sure what I am looking for in terms of the message. I responded to a private messsage from you where I had to enter a code WRT165. I gave details of the Suresignal serial number, etc.