cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal bought and owned by me since new, now deactivated by Vodafone.

wellfan
4: Newbie

- Community home

As in title. My wife and I were Vodafone customers for well over 15 years, but left last year after both of us were badly lied to by the retentions team (long story). We had used our Suresignal up until we left in January of this year, nine months ago. We moved to Talkmobile, but signal has dropped dramatically over past few months, so had planned to return to Vodafone. Had a 'Live Chat' with Vodafone reagrding my Suresignal and was reassured that I could re-register it and all would be fine. So I bought a Vodafone PAYG sim just to make sure before we took out contracts. PAYG was registered and I re-registered the Suresignal on Thursday morning and all worked well until I recieved an email from Vodafone that afternoon stating my Suresignal was being deactivated. Sure enough it was, and I am now not able to reactivate it. 'Live Chat' basically said that if I wanted to return to Vodafone I would need to buy a new Suresignal - no chance of that. He said that my Suresignal was deactivated, despite in perfect working order, as I had not used if for over 9 months. Please could someone help. 

31 REPLIES 31

My new Vodafone account has a differnet email address from the one linked to the community. That email address was lonked to my previous Vodafone account.

I found a number that might help you identify me, and my problem (#17167839).

I have just missed a call from someone, who also emailed me, and I have replied to them. The email I received clealry indicates a level of incompetence. My problem is quite simple, I cannot access my Suresignal on 'My Account' as it was registered to my pe-ported number. So I am stuck!

Further update. Someone at Vodafone must have dergistered one of my boxes as I am able to reregister it using a PAYT sim that I had lying around. So, I deregistered it again and tried to reregister with one of our two new ported contract numbers AND no joy. Strikes me that our numbers are still registered on the other box, and we have not opted the numbers in to registering with other Suresignal boxes, I can only assume that, as I cannot access the other box. I have more information on the issue, as I am sure this is not making much sense to people, but don't want to bore everyone. Anyone from Vodafone who has any basic knowledge of the workings of a Suresignal would be able to resolve this very quickly, if they would only listen to what is being said rather than going through the same scripted response every time they contact me.

I am sure there is a simple solution to all of this if only someone competent would contact me, either by email or phone. Please help!

Further update to further update.

Just had a telephone conversation with someone who knew exactly what I was talking about. He fully understood the problem, and what needed to be done to resolve it, ie. deregistering both boxes and starting again with my new numbers. He was unable to do so, despite some time on hold, and has sent the request to the 'backend team', so hopefully I might have a resoution in a few days.

I'll keep, anyone who is interested, updated.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wellfan I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been faced with.
Please keep us updated.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Further update.

Looks like I am back to square one. Backend team seem to have totally ignored the request they were given by the person I spoke to. He quite cearly requested that both Suresignal boxes be deregistered, then reregistered with our ported numbers. One box has been deregistered and reregistered with one of my phone numbers as I can now see it in my account, but not the other box. I cannot add my other number ( the one my wife uses) to the registered box, this was one of the initial problems I reported. It has something to do with the numbers being ported, hence the need for the backend team to do it for me. I can add any other Vodafone number to it, like my brothers number. BUT not my other number!!!

So basically backend team has only deregistered one box, and only added one of our numbers and not two as requested. The incompetence beggars belief. 

I feel like giving up and cancelling our Vodafone contracts as we are still in the cooling off period. Life is way too short for all this nonsense.

I really would appreciate it if someone could look into this for me.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to see this has happened @wellfan.

We'd like to help get everything set up on your Sure Signal for you. So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team.

Thanks for that, but as I have already been down this road before, I have no faith that the problem will be resolved.

Just received an email from someone called Jake stating that he had tried to call me at 4.36PM today, and had sent me a text with a pin code. I have had no missed calls and no text messages from anyone! Would Jake, or someone, please call me on the number I gave in the personal message.

This is farcical!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wellfan - I understand that since your last post, we’ve now been in touch with you.

If you need any further help with this, please reply to the last email we sent on 25 October.

I give up. Very helpful call handler, BUT let down by backroom team. The other number now shows in Suresignal, BUT again this is nonsense as the the phone gets no boost, Tried loads of phones with the SIM card installed, same issue. The number ending in 9871 is just not working. Goodbye.