Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

System and Phone Light constantly flashing

holliebint
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I received my Sure Signal v2 yesterday evening and plugged it straight into my wirelss router. Power light is on constantly but the system light and phone light are constantly flashing. I left it overnight but even after 12 hours it was still the same. I've reset the Sure Signal and rebooted the wireless router this morning but still 4 hours later I still have both the system and phone lights constantly flashing. I'm far from an IT expert so any layman thoughts/help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-AndyD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi holliebint,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Andy

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

Retired-AndyD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi holliebint,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Andy

colineve
4: Newbie

I had the same issue but found that patience prevails, let it go for 24 hrs at least before you get stressed

Thanks, it's working fine now, it did take 24 hours though. On the box is mentioned it takes up to an hour thats why I was geting concerned. Thanks for yuor help.

I have the same problem with my Netgear DGND3700v2 router.  Already spoke to and had an online chat with a technician, manually configured some of the ports, but still I get a steady power light, and the system & phone light flashing in sequence together.

I have attached a screenshot of my router port forwarding page in the hope someone can have a gander and advise on any mistakes.

Or, if anyone can help me further.

Thanks.

Further to my last message, the VSS has had a steady power light and the system & phone lights flashing for over 24hrs now.  So I got fed up......with the VSS powered off I've just carried out a factory reset on the router and returned it to the last good known configuration when the VSS was working.  Powered up the VSS, carried out a full reset......now it's a waiting game.

I may like to add that I have actually had the VSS working with the DGND3700, and without having to manually configure port forwarding. But this was at a time when we were experiencing an intermittent loss of internet connection caused by a BT line problem.  The indication of this would be seeing the system light off and phone light flashing on the VSS, and then seeing a corresponding red light on the router that indicated a dropped internet connection.  Rebooting the router cured this, and then the VSS would automatically get a good connection again.

However, since the BT line fault has been fixed and the router has not dropped the connection at all, the VSS has not worked.  Every attempt to reboot the router or to reset the VSS gives the same fault.

Frustrated doesn't even come close.....but fortunately I'm now over 6 months into my 12 month contract and at the end, when Vodafone may be expecting me renew with them, they'll have a shock cos I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Regards,

Andy

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AndyT557

I’d like to help to resolve this VSS (Vodafone Sure Signal) issue for you, but to do this I will need to take some further information from you.

Can you post the following results to this thread?

Speedtest and Pingtest.

Your IP address.

Traceroute.

• On a PC / Laptop :
  • Click on Start  and select Run
  • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  • A black box will appear.
  • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177    press Enter
  • Paste the output of this command into your reply.

And finally, your VSS serial number.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the reply, to say I am grateful for your help is an understatement.

Speedtest result taken at 21:32 on 24/07/12:

Download speed: 7.46 Mbps

Upload Speed: 0.26 Mbps

Pingtest result taken at 21:37 on 24/07/12:

Packet loss test Failed!!  Looked into this, I have Java installed and I disabled my Firewall for test, not sure why this test failed.

Ping: 56 ms

Jitter: 1 ms                                                                        

IP Address:  86.133.150.189

Traceroute result:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Andy.MeshNero955>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms 217.47.105.250
3 36 ms 33 ms 37 ms 217.47.105.145
4 43 ms 43 ms 43 ms 213.1.69.162
5 42 ms 43 ms 43 ms 31.55.165.75
6 43 ms 42 ms 44 ms 31.55.165.107
7 42 ms 43 ms 56 ms acc1-10GigE-7-3-0.mr.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.250.98]
8 51 ms 59 ms 59 ms core2-te0-3-0-13.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.250.28]
9 68 ms 50 ms 49 ms peer1-xe3-0-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.254.219]
10 52 ms 51 ms 51 ms LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
11 51 ms 50 ms 52 ms 85.205.116.14
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

VSS Serial Number:

Kind regards,

Andy T

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AndyT557

Thank you for your post and the additional information.:smileyhappy:

All the results look fine, the tracert shows it hitting our servers, the IP range is included in the whitelist, speed and ping tests look solid so I have checked your serial number and can see that you have still not connected.

I have resynced your device to jump start it from this end, please can you let me know if this allows you to connect after an hour or so.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum team

Hi Dave,

I noticed your reply at about 22:30 last night.  At that point the VSS had the same symptoms so I carried out a full reset on the VSS.

It is now 00:52 and the same symptoms are still apparent.  I will report back in the morning.

If no change by midday today (27th), and given that all the results from the tests are good, what next?

Kind regards,

Andy