main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Trying to re-register an old Sure Signal V1

2: Seeker

My employer just switched me over to Vodafone but coverage is poor in my home office. There's no WiFi calling available on our account (that's a puzzler) but I had an old Sure Signal V1 in the cupboard. It's been at least 5 years since its been online.

It's been idle for a very long time and I suspect all it's original account details had been deleted as I was able to register an new account and the Sure Signal which now shows a status of Registered.

Unfortunately I can't get the Sure Signal to come online.

I have performed a factory reset (button 30 secs, unplug, replug wait for lights to flash in sequence before finally releasing the button) and after 24 hours still have 2 states alternating:

• Light 1 on constant, Light 2 flashing slowly
  • Light 1 on constant, Light 2 flashing slowly with light 4 flashing at twice for every 1 flash of light 2

I've tried with the Sure Signal in the DMZ of my Sky Hub, and also added the ports manually in my router but can't get it to come up online.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @brummygit 

The problem here will be due to the device not having been used for 5 years. 

When the device has not been used for 3 months or longer, Vodafone will have placed a bars against the device, quite sure after 5 years the serial number would have been removed from the network, this is usally done after 12 months of non use.

It's a shame your employer is not on an eligble contract or has WiFi calling enabled on the business account.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I think that's correct, however the online systems allowed me to register as though it was a new device

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Who knows it might be worth speaking with customer service on 191 or Live Chat and see how that goes @brummygit 

If not then the Sure signal device is £70 or if your phone and tariff is eligible look at calling over Wi-Fi as a possible optio . 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options