Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey chas1974,

Thanks for your post.

I've taken a look at the VSS and it's not connected to our servers in just under a year. It's therefore been suspended due to inactivity.

There's no way for us to remove that suspension so we will need to speak with you directly to discuss your options. I've sent you a private message which you can access here. Please follow the instructions and we'll be with you as soon as we can.

In the meantime, could you let me know how much you paid for your VSS?

Hi alistairmackie8,

Thanks for letting me know you're having problems accessing the VSS. 

Could you first of all let me know the VSS serial number? Also, what handset are you using and does it have 3G enabled within the settings?

Cheers to you both,

Lee

I'm trying to connect an iphone 4s to the suresignal, my old number is getting transfered over tomorrow so I'm not sure if its worth waiting and giving it another go when I've got my old number back. I've got the 3g enabled.

The serial number on the SS is 401 113 278 43

cheers

Hey allistairmackie8,

Thanks for coming back to me with your serial number.

I've checked and there's just one number associated with the VSS at the moment. The number ends 118. Is this your temporary number, your wife's number or your permanent number?

It's also worth noting that once the owner is registered, there's no need to try and add the number again as the dashboard will display an error :Winking_smiley:

I can see there's a request to add a number ending 180 and this is showing as successful. There's also been a request to change the ownership from 118 to 180 and this is also showing as successful. Despite these successes, I can't see that ownership has changed, nor that the 180 number has been added.

At this point I'd recommend you de-register the unit, leave it for 24 hours and then attempt a fresh registration.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Lee

jeffml
2: Seeker

I just bought a VSSv2 online from eBay. When trying to register I receive "Sorry, The serial number you are trying to register is already registered. Please recheck your serial number and try again."  The owner says that it is new and unsed but this doesn't seem to be the case.  The serial number is 40110917768.  What are my options?

alex2801

Hello I bought a suresignal second hand, the previous user deregistered it. I've spent nearly a month trying to get it work and register it on the site and i get this error.

serial number of SS is 21229607714

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes.
  • Postcode
  • Account Setup
  • Confirmation
Account setup

Please enter your Sure Signal serial number found on the back of the device or the box.

• Sure Signal Serial Number Get Help

Please assign a name to your Sure Signal.

• Sure Signal Name Get Help

Please tell us the floor level on which you will be using you Sure Signal.

• Sure Signal Floor Level--- 

-1 (Basement) 0 (Ground) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 Get Help

• If you wish to add users to your Sure Signal now, click here

My account

Alex2801,

Thanks for your post here.

I have taken a look at the Sure signal serial number for you and can see that the Sure Signal is currently showing as suspended.

Unfortunately due to this you will not be able to register the device.

As you aren’t the original owner you will need to ask them to contact us directly to arrange a replacement, who will then be able to send this over to you.

Unfortunately we are unable to remove it from this state.

James

Hey James,
Could you check on mine too, does this need a replacement/software update?
serial number:

Is it possible to update its software instead of replacing the whole unit?

Thanks
Domi

theloz
4: Newbie

Hello,

I can't register my Sure Signal. I have filled in and confirmed my postcode and proceeded to the next step - "Account Setup". I have entered my serial number of 40112034349 and I receive the following message:

"Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes"

I have tried again in a few minutes, and now I'm 24 hours later and getting the same result. I have tried two different computers (Windows 7 Pro 32-bit and 64-bit) with Firefox 11 and IE 9 on each with no better luck. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Loz

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

@domi007 - I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

@theloz - Could you double check that serial number for me? It's showing 'invalid' in our back end tool.

Cheers,

Lee

Lee, what does 'invalid' mean? It's literally what It says on the sticker: http://i.imgur.com/bs7Ec.jpg