main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Unused Sure Signal (never registered)

2: Seeker

Hi,

I have an unused (still boxed and never registered) Sure Signal V3 that I don't need. I've read another post which stated if the device hadn't been used for a year it would be deregistered and unusable.  However, this one has never been used (still in cellophane wrapping) so does the same apply and if so, do I just recycle/bin it?  Seems a waste but probably no alternative.

Thanks . . .

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

If a Vodafone Sure Signal has been registered on the system and not used for 3 months then Vodafone can apply a bar but this can be removed @Katie_K 

If it's not been used for 12 months then it can be permanently removed from the system.

In your case it's never been registered so the above does not apply in my opinion.

It's like the device has been sat on a Vodafone Highstreet Store shelf awaiting to be sold.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Katie_K 

The problem you may have is old unused Sure Signal serial numbers will be removed from the system, it would certainly be worth contacting Vodafone just to make sure the serial number which can be found on the back of the device is still active on the network. 

If you have a Vodafone account, you can try registering the device against your account, this will confirm if the serial number is still on the network, you can easily deregister if not needed.

There is further information and advise on this link:  Vodafone Sure Signa Frequently Asked Questions 

View more options