Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V1 SureSignal stuck in reboot cycle

ozarnold
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

MY V1 has been endlessly rebooting since Tuesday/Wednesday. It does the following:

1) all LEDS out

2) LED 1 flashes then steady

3) LED 2 flashes then steady

4) LED 4 flashes for about 1 minute

5) all LEDS out, and go back to point 2

If I do a reset it will occasionally flash LEDs 1 and 4 together, then LED 2 and cycle like this for a period of time.

Unit S/N: 21228575532

Public IP: 87.81.188.209 (Sky Fibre Unlimited 2)

Pingtest: has been discontinued but pings are around 11ms

Connection Speed: 42364kbps/13457kbps

Line Attenuation: 12.9dB/0.0dB

Noise Margin: 6.1Db/6.6dB

V1 IP:192.168.05

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 12 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192.168.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 24 ms 14 ms 12 ms be404.pr2.bllon.isp.sky.com [2.120.9.62]
4 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms ae-3.r02.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [83.231.221.45]
5 12 ms 12 ms 11 ms ae-0.vodafone.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.66.46]
6 13 ms 22 ms 12 ms ae22-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.61]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member

Hi ozamold,

Your problem is almost certainly due to a degraded power supply which fortunately can be easily and cheaply replaced,

Firstly check around if you have similar unit that you can prove that is the fault. The rating of the unit is 12 Volts, with at least a 1.5 Amp or larger capacity and with the correct connector on the end of the lead.

Such units can be found on Routers, external hard drives, monitors, printers, just to name a few.

New replacement units can be obtained from Ebay or Amazon and cost around £10-12 inc. delivery.

Just search for 'Sure Signal power supply'.

Good Luck.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

cineriv

Hi ozamold,

Your problem is almost certainly due to a degraded power supply which fortunately can be easily and cheaply replaced,

Firstly check around if you have similar unit that you can prove that is the fault. The rating of the unit is 12 Volts, with at least a 1.5 Amp or larger capacity and with the correct connector on the end of the lead.

Such units can be found on Routers, external hard drives, monitors, printers, just to name a few.

New replacement units can be obtained from Ebay or Amazon and cost around £10-12 inc. delivery.

Just search for 'Sure Signal power supply'.

Good Luck.

Off to take a look now. Thanks

(Edit to add that the WD external HDD right next to my PC has just the power supply, and is a backup of a backup, so the power block is now running the V1 - now it just needs to do its boot up)

You are a legend. It took 24 hours to get forum registration completed, but you have got my SureSignal working in under 2 hours (and most of that was device boot time).

Thanks for your help.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ozarnold

We're glad to hear that your Sure Signal is now working.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many Thanks !!

Worked for me. :Smiling: :Smiling: :Smiling:

After  many hours of resetting, rebooting, deregistering, reregistering, and trying all other avenues and solutions found on this forum.  I finally came across this topic.  The symptoms were exactly the same as the original poster, and likewise, I also have a WD "My Book" external HDD.  So I swapped the adapters over.

WITHIN ONE MINUTE.  I was Up and Running Again. 

Thanks Again.  VERY :smileyhappy:

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SPW999 - You’re very welcome and thanks to you for sharing this lovely feedback about our Community!

We’re happy it helped to fix it.

If you need any help in the future, we’ve got a brilliant team and amazing community members. :smileyhappy:

cineriv

Hi  SPW999,

Good to hear that your problem has been resolved :smileyhappy:

If you require a replacement power supply for your Sure Signal, they are readily available on Ebay or Amazon and cost around £10 - 12 inc. delivery.

Good luck,

Mike.