Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS v3 not connecting to Vodafone

frosty072
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We've had a Suresignal v3 working for many years, suddenly it died, not even a light when powered on.

Luckily we have a 2nd one which is no longer needed from another place.

Plugged it in as before, registered on my vodafone account, serial number accepted, shows up as Registered and active.

However the VSS is not working.

It settles on this:

original.jpg

When I turn on the VSS, the red light starts solid, and internet light flashes. After a short while the red light flashes, and service and users lights go orange, as shown in image.

Any help most appreciated.

Speed test: 65 down / 17 up (FTTC)

Ping: 15ms

WAN IP: 88.98.84.126

Serial no: 40123683142

Traceroute:

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 2 ms <1 ms <1 ms [192.168.0.1]
2 11 ms 12 ms 11 ms losubs.subs.bng1.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.80.17]
3 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms ae1-177.cr2.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.80.38]
4 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms xe-8-2-2.cr0-lon1.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.66.225]
5 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms xe-4-1-2.cr1-lon1.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.133.81]
6 13 ms 14 ms 20 ms ae9-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.22.217]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Please Note : If the Sure Signal displays ANY signs of internal failure / no lights then unplug it straightaway and contact Vodafone Customer Services. They should be able to help even if the 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty has elapsed. 

Regarding the back up Sure Signal. 

If it hasn't been used for 3 months then Vodafone can place a bar on it. Customer service can lift this. 

Unfortunatley a Sure Signal that hadn't been used for 12 months + is permanently barred. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@frosty072 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately never managed to speak to anyone at Vodafone.

Updating this thread in case someone else finds it, although I can't offer any specific help.

The spare VSS magically woke up and started working a few days later! 

It's not been used in way over a year, so I'm surprised it wasn't auto blocked. That seems like a pretty unesesary and nasty policy anyway to be honest, glad it didn't hit us.

I still have the old VSS, no visible signs of failure other than it doesn't light up at all. I might follow up on a replacement for it though as we could use another one for another area of the house.

gsmsecure
12: Established
12: Established
#frosty072

It appears no one has told you that you are entitled to a free replacement of the unit that has failed due to a known issue of the power supply failing.

Please read this link

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-B...

If someone does not offer you a free replacement here then post a comment on my post which should get a response..

Page One of the thread is relevant abd you should also report the failure to Trading Standards using details below.

Any problems drop me a line...

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)