main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Vodafone SureSignal V3 not connecting

2: Seeker

Hi all

I've alawys had the problem that if I leave the house - when I return my V3 dosen't pick up my Iphone x. Same thing with my partners phone.

If I turn the phone off and on again it picks it up no problem.

I know I can use wi-fi calling but I really need SMS as I've just joined the coastguard and we recive call outs by SMS.

Any ideas?

Darren

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

Hi @DarrenSM

I suspect the reason for this is due to the 3G signal provided by the Sure Signal.  If you have an iphone x and are using GSM or 4G when you leave your home it may be taking time to adjust to the 3G when returning.

Fortunately, a reboot of the phone solves the problem for you and you are able to connect to the Sure Signal.

View more options

Thanks.

Is that a reboot from vodafones end?

I've tried a reset from my end.

View more options

I have had tech reboot the suresignal but it's not made any difference. Is there any other action I can take?

Anyone else have the same problem?

I can't use another messaging service as SMS is what the Coastguard use for call outs.

Any sign of Vodafone supporting SMS on wifi calling any time soon?

View more options

Hi @DarrenSM we don't have any details on Wi-Fi Calling supporting SMS as of yet, any details regarding this in the future will be made available to all our customers. Have you also tried the steps that @AnnS shared? It may be worth disabling 4G when inside your property to connect to the Sure Signal.  

View more options

Thanks Adam

Yes tried the reboot but that's made no difference. I'll try disabling 4g. 

Am I the only one who has this problem?

View more options
Highlighted

@DarrenSM It's hard to say, depending on what type of signal you pick up away from your property, your Sure Signal may just be having a difficulty picking up your phone if it's been attached to a different network. Let us know how you get on disabling 4G. 

View more options