Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone V3 Sure Signal not working

mattypoos21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone Sure signal V3.

We are in a poor Vodafone signal area. We have 5 vodafone mobiles that have no service at the factory which is no good to us at all. We had a SS V3 previously that worked for a couple of weeks and was put aside in frustration after numerous attempts to get it to connect kept failing. This is a new unit from Dec 2017. It was registered early January 2018 when it worked for all of 3 hours or so. It is connected to a BT Hub 5 Type A

Since then it has solid Red power light and slow pulsing internet white icon. I have tried it in different sockets and even taken it home and the result is the same… Solid red light and pulsing white connecting icon. Power passes through the device with no problems. I have been through the trouble shooting list to no avail.

Can someone please assist…this is driving me nuts.

Sure Signal serial number: 42173722861

Speed test is:  DL 38Mbps    UL 7.50 Mbps

Ping is:  13 ms

PI address is : 86.145.89.234

Traceroute results.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]

2     *        *        *     Request timed out.

3    10 ms     9 ms     9 ms  31.55.187.193

4    10 ms    10 ms    11 ms  31.55.187.224

5    10 ms    11 ms    11 ms  core1-hu0-15-0-7.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.192.82]

6    12 ms    11 ms    11 ms  peer6-hu0-6-0-6.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.127.3]

7    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  t2c3-et-7-1-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.228]

8    10 ms    11 ms    10 ms  166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]

9     *        *        *     Request timed out.

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

21     *        *        *     Request timed out.

22     *        *        *     Request timed out.

23     *        *        *     Request timed out.

24     *        *        *     Request timed out.

25     *        *        *     Request timed out.

26     *        *        *     Request timed out.

27     *        *        *     Request timed out.

28     *        *        *     Request timed out.

29     *        *        *     Request timed out.

30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

19 REPLIES 19

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mattypoos21 - I can understand your frustration with this being the second Sure Signal that's not working.

I’ve sent a private message to you with steps on how to send us your details.

We can then take a look if when you've tested the device at home, the registration was successful on the network or not and help further.

Hi Gemma

i was told i would get a phone call by your sure signal team on monday to try and resolve this issue, but no one phoned me?

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mattypoos21 I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received a call yet.

Have you received a response to your email or do you have the email reference number and we can chase this up for you :Thumbs_Up:

I received a call last saturday, and was transferred to the sure signal team. They said they would call me back on monday so they could try and resolve the problem as the device is at work not home.

I gave them my work number to phone me on as I have no signal on my mobile hence the need for a sure signal that works, but no one has phoned me.

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mattypoos21 If you're still getting the same lights, Please contact your Internet Service Provided (ISP) for them to make sure that the router is set up for port forwarding.

Please let us know how you get on Matty :Thumbs_Up:

We have two solid white lights on the sure signal showing it is ready. We do not get any boost to signal strength and when you make a call it does not connect showing the phone symbol on the sure signal.

I have registered the mobile numbers to the sure signal device.

we have a BT Hub 5 which apparently has issues with the sure signal, this has been an ongoing issue for a long time now, i would appreciate a call to get this resolved as i was told would happen.

we have 5 people here all on vodafone with no signal even though your coverage checker indicates there is signal coverage here.

thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mattypoos21 I'm sorry ot hear you're experiencing difficulty connecting to our network through your Sure Signal. Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread as this can help with many common problems.

If this doesn't help, post your results in a new thread and one of our Network team will be in touch.

Hi Mark

We have been throught the troubleshooting guide and posted our results already, hence why i am waiting for some response. Is anyone able to help with this or am i better off changing all five contracts to a different network provider that can offer signal? as Vodafone currently offer no signal or help with this issue there seems to be little point paying for five contracts that we cant use!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for the confusion @mattypoos21!

The lights you've now provided us with show some improvement with your Sure Signal as this should now be set up and ready to use.

To complete the process, please unplug the Sure Signal for 20 minutes, plug it back in and then wait until this has reloaded. Then complete a hard reset of all the phones when they're in range of the Sure Signal. 

I'm not able to locate an email from your through the email address registered on your Community profile. Should you still be experiencing issues after following these steps, please let us know the reference number you received in the automated email response when submitting your details through the message sent by @Gemma (this looks similar to #12345678).

We can then check on the progress of your email for you. If you've received an email from a member of our team, please respond to this and we'll chase this up with the dedicated team for you :Smiling: