main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Vodafone v3 sure signal no power light

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi all,

my vodafone sure signal power light has failed- no lights showing at all including the power light. I have been on Vodafone’s live talk and was told to leave it plugged in for 20 mins and it would then be fine. I have just read through some of the community issues raised on the v3. I am concerned that leaving it in any longer may not be safe practice. Does anyone have any experience of these things regaining life or is there no chance. 

Many thanks

doug

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Better to err on the side of caution and unplug it @Doappleb

The Sure Signal has a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty however if your v3 SS has suffered the failure Vodafone UK are aware of then ask them to swap it out even if it's older than 24 months old. 

You shouldn't be required to renew your contract to get another ss if your on Pay Monthly. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
44 REPLIES

Hi @Doappleb

If this was my situation I would unplug it now as it's showing signs of failure. 

More info in > Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Burnt-out-amp-Dead.

View more options

Thanks Band of Brothers I have unplugged. 

View more options

Better to err on the side of caution and unplug it @Doappleb

The Sure Signal has a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty however if your v3 SS has suffered the failure Vodafone UK are aware of then ask them to swap it out even if it's older than 24 months old. 

You shouldn't be required to renew your contract to get another ss if your on Pay Monthly. 

View more options

Thanks again Band of Brothers. My sure signal and contract seem to match all of the information provided. So I hope I have more luck when I next contact the helpline. 

View more options

@Doappleb If you don't get a response in line with the information provided to you on here, please let us know and we'll take care of it for you. 

View more options

Hi Adam,

Thank you. I have been in contact with Vodafone via live chat and then via phone with no success. I am told that it’s out of warranty on the phone or that as it’s out of warrenty nothing can be done on live talk. I explained the issue and also explained the advice I have received on here to no effect. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks

Doug

View more options

@Doappleb Thanks for keeping us updated! 

So we can assist you further with your Sure Signal, please contact our team through the details I've provided in the private message I've sent. We'll then be in touch with you to help 

View more options

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for the message, I have followed the instructions you have sent. I completed these last Wednesday and have not yet had a response. This is not a problem if it’s normal I don’t know what the turnaround time normally is for these requests. If this is not normal shall I resubmit the information.

Many thanks. 

Doug

View more options
Administrator

@Doappleb I've checked our inbox and can see we haven't received anything from the registered email address on your Community account. 

If you used a different email, please let us know your case reference number and we'll chase this up - it'll look like [#12233445]. 

If you haven't received an automated email with this on, please try to submit the form again 😊

View more options

Hi Alex,

Thanks, I have re submitted. Got a confirmation screen that Vodafone have received it, but no message as of yet with a reference number - in fairness it was literally a minute ago, so may be a slight delay. 

Many thanks

Doug

View more options

Have you now received a reference number @Doappleb?

View more options

Hi Adam,

I have submitted twice on my mobile and once on my laptop. All times the confirmation screen has appeared but no reference number has been sent out. I have also checked junk email folder with no luck.

Any advice again would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Doug

View more options

@Doappleb I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing issues receiving your reference number Doug!

I've double checked the email address registered to your Community profile and I'm unable to find an email from you.

When submitting your details, please try the following steps which should generate the automated reply with your reference number: 

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
- Try an alternative email address.
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.

Please let us know how you get on.

View more options

Hi Natasha,

thanks i I have tried different machines and emails still no luck. I will attempt to clear cookies etc when I get back from work. I keep getting the screen attached below but no email with a reference number. 

Many thanks

doug

Hi Natasha,

one came through on another email. Reference number is #19327961

thanks

doug

View more options

Thank you for the information @Doappleb, I can see we've been discussing this issue with you via email. One of the team will reply to you latest message as soon as we reach it.

View more options

Hi all,

many thanks for for everyone’s help. I have now had another box delivered. 

Doug

View more options
1: Seeker

Hello,

I am in the sam boat, my sure Signal V3 has suddenlt failed.

No lights on and a slight buzzing noise coming from the unit

I have been on chat to Viodafone and have been told it is out of warranty and my only option is to buy another one

Is that true ?

Or is there a root in to get it replaced without having to shell out another £70

Thank you

View more options
2: Seeker

Well here’s another failure of this SureSignal V3 device.  After a web chat with  Vodafone I was given a number to call. On doing so I was told the device guarantee had lapsed in January  2018 and that I would need to buy a new one. On pressing the operator further and telling them I was not satisfied with that, given the number of reported failures I was promised a call back within 24 hours following their research into the issues. The operator also suggested we  have calls via WiFi, but that will not help people calling us. We have NO VODAFONE SIGNAL AT HOME WITHOUT THE SURE SIGNAL.  I’m still awaiting that call back. Where do we go next, Trading Standards or the Small Claims Court. This device should work longer than this.

Can you help resolve my problem?

View more options