main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Vodafone v3 sure signal no power light

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted

@RobX Thanks for getting in touch with us. Please let us know how you got on following your store visit on Friday.

With the light sequence that you've provided us, we'd advise unplugging the Sure Signal for 20 minutes, plugging this back in and once reloaded, switch your phone(s) off and then on again. 
If you've recently completed a SIM swap, please remove the affected mobile number from your Sure Signal and add this back on again. Please allow 24 hours for this to fully refresh once done.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have not beeen to the store yet.

But I have unplugged the Suresignal and then reset. It then works for approx 2 hours and then goes off again.

So I will have to take it back.

Really, I do wish that Vodafone would admit these devices are not fit for purpose.

Or better still replace the mast in Alderley Edge which was taken down when the new Medical Centre replaced the old Festival Hall.

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Last week my sure signal appeared to have "died". Purchased it in August 2018 so now out of warranty.

Completed a WebChat with an advisor and what a waste of time. Told me to go and buy a new one or switch to WifiCalling. Well first problem is I have an Iphone 6 which does not support WIFI calling and it took me 10 mins to get him to understand this. More importantly my company phone is with Vodafone and I have to wait for the corporate team to follow up on that element which will probably mean no.

I'm actually loathed to buy something which is faulty from the outset as this failure mode seems to be prevalent and a "design" failure

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

What?????????

An 'expected' life of 3 years?

Forn an electronic device that is worse than appaling.

It smacks of rob the customer with malice aforethought.

Any reasonably designed and built electronic kit should last at least 10 years.

I have some at 20 years old.

And the last project I worked on was designed to last 40 years with MINIMAL attention.

3 years - - is daylight robbery.

D.Lox

View more options
Highlighted

Par for the course.

Some years ago I had recourse to write a letter to their customer relations department.

8 weeks to receive a wishy-washy reply which indicated that the writer had not read my letter.

I wrote a follow up, three years ago, perhaps, emphasising the complaint, as yet no reply.

Think of the Share-Holders not the punters.

D.Lox

View more options
Highlighted

There is a great deal on the web pages about Sure Signal failing after two years. This happened to me and a repairer fitted new parts and sent it back all within three days. Brilliant.

View more options
Highlighted

My SS V3 is within the warranty period has failed. There are no lights showing after testing it in several sockets. It was working perfectly before this sudden failure. I have been told to go to my nearest V store, a 40 mile round trip to a city I never visit. Why can't I post it? It was bought on line 7 months ago. 

View more options
Highlighted

Will send you a private message about a really good repair guy who replaces cheap failed parts with good quality ones.

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @Cumulus, I'm sorry to hear your Sure Signals stopped working. As it's still in warranty, we'll need to access your account to help you further - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so we can take a look into getting you a replacement sent out. 

View more options
Highlighted

The information you requested is on the Vodafone UK Facebook site.  

View more options
Highlighted

The information requested was posted on Facebook. I don’t have an account but my wife does.   Vodafone did not respond.  I took the SS to a Vodafone shop.  It was sent away and a new one returned to the shop.  My wife travelled the 60 mile round trip with the appropriate paperwork to get the new one but was not allowed to receive the device as she is not the account holder.  Whilst she was outside the shop I, (30 miles away) had to phone Vodafone and have her added as a second name on the account after which she was given the SS.  The staff cited the Data Protection Act as the reason for not releasing the device to her.

Meaningful customer service is not a concept Vodafone have managed to get to grips with it seems!  

View more options
Highlighted

@Cumulus I'm really sorry to hear you didn't receive a response - we always try to get back to all of our customers. We do have to be very careful when it comes to our customers accounts - the privacy and protection of them is crucial and extremely important. I appreciate this must have been frustrating and I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

View more options
3: Seeker

My 5 year old SureSignal V3 has just decided to die, no power lights at all.
Reading posts below it appears Vodaphone were replacing units that were out of warranty.

Does anyone know if this still applies?

View more options
Highlighted

This may no longer be an option. I have sent you a private message with a solution.

View more options
Highlighted

I am getting the same run around with the customer support team and wonder if you can help. My V3 has also just packed up suddenly - no power lights. Resetting doesn't work. I got it from Vodafone on 14th December 2017, but they tell me it is only in warranty for one year! I have been in a chat for over an hour with someone called Sritesh, and have been waiting for the past twenty minutes to talk to some tech advisor, though if its dead I don't see what they can do. Serial number is 42173756208. I have three phones on pay monthly contract and no signal without the sure signal connection as we live in a poor signal area. Any help would be gratefully received. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Sesachili, have you been able to get through to the tech team?

If you're still having issues with your Sure Signal or need any updates, you can get in contact with us on social media here and we can contact the dedicated team for you.

View more options
Highlighted

Unless they have improved, these burn out after about two years. Fortunately there is a tech guy who replaces a couple of parts within 24 hours turnaround. Perfect and very reasonable price.  See link below

https://sites.google.com/site/andyfraserelectronics/vodafone-sure-signal

View more options
Highlighted

Got through to the tech team after constant cut offs and music interludes. They no longer replace V3s and according to one of the guys I spoke to sold off their remaining stock to Amazon, where they are currently £135!

Managed to find a repair technician online, who appears to be the same as the link provided by luffviolin below. He has fixed the defunct power problem with new capacitors for an extremely modest price with a 24 hour turnround. Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Sesachili

View more options
Highlighted

Please see post below. Andy Fraser fixed the problem and repaired within 24 hours. Cheers Sesachili

View more options
Highlighted

Hi I have had exactly the same problem. My V3 suddenly stopped working, all lights off.  I have absolutely no mobile signal where I live/work now.  Vodafone have advised wifi calling but that doesn't help with texts and more and more when you buy online a security number is sent to your mobile.  I saw someone mention that they had a guy that can repair V3s.  Can you share his/her details?  Really Vodafone, selling goods with a known 3 year shelf-life is just cynical in the extreme.

View more options