main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Wrong Device Location

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Just installed  a new SureSignal Unit and now devices (iphones) show the location as somewhere in Yorkshire when we're in South Wales.  This unit replaces an old one which was fine until it failed after many years.  

Noting it's a repeated problem, but no FAQ solution? 

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @pcmanning, thanks for getting in touch. You can try logging into your My Vodafone that is registered as the owner of the Sure Signal, change the postcode to another postcode, select save and then change this back and select save, this will then update the profile.

Give that a try and let us know if it's showing correctly afterwards, if not; pop back and we'll be happy to help you further. 

View more options
Highlighted

Support have forced a re-sync for now - if that doesn't work I'll try the post-code reset trick...

Thanks

Paul

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Great stuff @pcmanning - hopefully the re-sync should work 👍 Keep us updated! 

View more options
Highlighted

Resync + Reboot Worked:   Reboot came from a power cut about 30 mins after service setup the resync so all working  by the time we got home!

Thanks All

View more options