main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

iPhone XR sure signal reception poor after handset up grade

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Upgraded from iPhone 6 to XR, still have same number and the signal is terrible. Both I had full signal strength and now nil or one. My wife’s phone is still working fine  I have virtual charted to a Vodafone agent who said it would work between 6-24hrs. It has now been 5 days as I’ve been away and still the same. 

I have reset my SS and phone checked and my phone number is on there. Even had the agent do something remotely that seemed not to do anything.  Am I missing anything I should do!!

Somebody please help. 

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

That's very strange @Paul9616 🤔 I'm wondering if your new phone is set to 4G only, as your Sure Signal boosts 3G service. 

Please go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Voice and Data and double check what option you have selected. Let me know if this helps at all, if not; have you done a SIM swap recently for your new phone? It could also we worth removing your number from the Sure Signal and re-adding it, as it may not recognise your new SIM number. 

Pop back and keep me updated, if you're still having trouble I'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you. 

View more options
2: Seeker

My phone under those settings only allows me to turn 4g on or off no 3G option. I have tried resetting and adding my number and all I get is a response saying it can’t add it as their is an error. And to try chat with an operative. I have done this twice now and on both occasions been told told that this problem has been resolved and it will connect my phone after 6-24 hrs. It has been over 2 weeks now and still nothing...

very Very frustrating. I’m not wasting another 3 hrs talking to somebody to be told it’s fine and working when it isn’t. 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear this hasn't helped @Paul9616. So I can access your account to take a closer look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options