main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

suresignal

Highlighted
2: Seeker

My suresignal has completely died and need a new one. vodafone don't sell these. I would like to buy another one rather than rely on wifi calling . If I  buy a new one from amazon or someone else will i still be able to register without any issue?

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hey @hethersett 

Yes, you can buy one 3rd party and you'll be able to register it without any issue providing that the original owner has unregistered the sure signal. 

Have you tried our WiFi calling yet at all? It's great! You can find out all the info about WiFi calling here

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

WiFi calling does not support text SMS MMS so no good for banking verification texts. If you buy a new one go to REPLACE on the Vodafone menu. There is also a really clever repair guy, very reasonable and 24 hour turn around. I will private message you his details.

View more options
Highlighted

WiFi calling sucks.  Quality is worse than it was through my Sure Signal - how is that possible?

Secondly, no text over WiFi, which is a deal breaker.  Also, you can't get in to your Vodafone account without a text.

So VF totally dropped the ball here.

View more options
Highlighted

If you've got a Sure Signal @Reverend2008 you can still use it. We've just stopped producing and selling them to new customers.

View more options
Highlighted

Yes, but WHEN is Vodafone going to enable WiFi calling with text SMS MMS? It is all very well no longer manufacturing 3G devices but increasingly banks, PayPal and even Vodafone want to send text verification. I live in a rural area with no signal. So WHEN WHEN Vodafone?

View more options
Highlighted

You haven't responded to my comment though :Smiling:

View more options
Highlighted

This will be something we'll be working on and although we don't have a confirmed date for this yet, as soon as we do it'll be advertised on our coming soon blog first!

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Dont do it. Vodafone will not renable any suresignal. I have one too,, and if it dies i wiill have to leave Vodafone to 3 as i can do anything without SMS support (not yet available on VF wifi calling).

SMS calling "coming soon" since 2018... cant get any answer as to what soon means!

View more options
Highlighted

Coming SOON? Coming SOON? If my Suresignal dies, I too will immediately switch to EE or 3 who already have SMS and MMS on WiFi. A reply such as 'We'll be working on it' just isn't good enough Vodafone.

View more options
Highlighted

We know that you're looking for a date but as advised by @Mark, we don't have a confirmed date yet 🙂 When there is more information including a date, it will be available here.

View more options