Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Java error

amun
4: Newbie

I'm trying to sort out the fact that Vodafone have cocked up takng my data money yet again but when I enter the security code or press some other options I get a java error message similar to the following :-

www.vodafone.co.uk says:

java.lang.StackOverflowError

ADF_FACES-60097:FOr more information, please see the server's error log for an entry
beginning with ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #172

so I can do nothing to sort out my account.

I've tried three different browsers - all give the same error message.

Any ideas, please? 

33 REPLIES 33

Hi david_ukr

Yes, this problem is still ongoing and I can't understand why Vodafone hasn't fixed this website error.  I have found that you can actually login despite the javascript error that comes up.  If you login as normal, you will get the error but if you look top right you'll see you are logged in.  So going through the login procedure, I login and then receive the security code. I enter the security code and get the java error.  I click ok on the error and you will see you are in fact logged in.  So if you click on 'My account' you should arrive at the Account summary.  If you click on 'Account settings' and the options are there for login details etc, no more error messages at this point.  Now go to login details and still ok to this point.  I find I can change my password ok but if I try to change my Pin I get the error message again.  I needed to change the Pin because when trying to solve this problem on Vodafone Chatline they kept requesting this Pin and whenever I gave it to them they said it was incorrect. So, I tried the same approach of ignoring the error when changing the Pin and it worked, becasue when I next called the chatline I gave them the new pin I had just entered and it was accepted.  So it appears the java error coming on screen doesn't prevent you from carrying out changes to your account.  It worked for me anyway!  Hope this helps. 

Dandare2

I've had this problem for weeks. It is amazing that a company the size of Vodafone can have such a glaring defect affect the customer part of their website, and they don't fix it.

I am moving my entire family away from Vodafone as it is just so terrible on so many levels.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hsclater It's a shame to hear you feel this way and we certainly don't want to see you go. 

I know experiencing a Java error must be frustrating for you, so we really want to take a closer look into this. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team 😊

This was reported weeks ago and I was told then it would take 5 days to fix.  Still not working today, 8th Dec 2017.  I want to change my pin and its not possible because of this java error, crazy!