Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Java lang stack overflow

james2401
3: Seeker

Can't log on to account even tried on different devices and operating system, even with cookies reset, any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

Wyesowl

I think its been going on a long time. have you seen thread https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Windows/Java-error/td-p/2572936

I have tried chat a couple of times and all they want to do is reset your account, the first time it happened they even changed my login id.

I have had this occur the last three or four months,

ive also been having the same problem for the last month and had my account reset several times, cleared my internet cache and used various browers and still no luck! beginning to think im never going to be able to top up my phone 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I have been consistently having the same problem.

I have used different browsers on different OSes and they all do the same.

Can no-one at Vodafone verufy that this is happening and get it fixed?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fribulon We're aware of reports that this happens. It does appear it's a wider issue than just on our site however we're still looking into if we can do anything to stop this. 

In the meantime you're able to try the above workaround highlighted by @AnnS

Oddly, it has not happened today!

Could it be because I have changed my phone - same number, same style (PAYG 1)???

Also, I opened a new account to add the new SIM on PAYG on the old phone - also no problem today.

(Can't have two PAYGs on the same account.)

Moved the records around on the database?? Who knows?

Having seen your message and the one from Alex, I have tried again. My initial login worked OK which is better than before but when I clicked on the Topup button I got ADF_FACES-60097:For more information, please see the server's error log for an entry beginning with: ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #105

Not quite there!

I have used the workaround posted by AnnS after a fashion I found after getting the error I could open a new tab and navigate to my vodafone and it got a bit further. It did not ask for credentials again. Repeated this a couple of times and got to the topup payment screen which seems to work normally. No updates to this screen please, its one that works!

In theory, it is also possible to have a stack overflow without recursion, but in practice, it would appear to be a fairly rare event. ... 8 Ball Pool  Google Hangouts Omegle If there is no space for a new stack frame then, the StackOverflowError is thrown by the Java Virtual Machine

timato8989
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The most common cause of StackOverFlowError is excessively deep or infinite recursion. In Java: Discord There are two areas in memory the heap and stack. Adobe Reader The stack memory is used to store local variables and function call, iTunes while heap memory is used to store objects in Java