Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3765 Dongle - consistently crashing.

AndyT2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

K3765 Dongle - Where is the latest software? Reloading, uninstall/reinstall current does not make any difference, also running as administrator,  

Help desk told me to join and ask question here. 

The current version is 9.4.4.17702 and now consistently crashes.  I see messages that state that this is sent on request

Thanks 
vodaphone crash.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AndyT2 You're able to find all of the details we hold on Mobile Broadband Software here

If you're not using Windows 8, you can find other versions here. I hope this helps you out 🙂

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @AndyT2 have you noticed it begin to crash due to any changes? I.e. plugging it into a diffeerence device, or different times of the day at all?

How often is it crashing?

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for replying.....I can't believe the corporate helpdesk pushes support to forums. Anyway ....  

It has worked fine for 3 years + in this (office) laptop and previously in another. No substantive changes in the last month or two apart from Windows updates. 

This always crashes in exactly the same place in the connection negotiation, with exactly the same error. I presume that Windows has updated one of the comms DLLs and this is an uncaptured exception, which is why I wanted to try the latest software. I would certainly stand a better chance with software that maybe isn't 5+ years old. 

Thanks 

- Andy

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AndyT2 You're able to find all of the details we hold on Mobile Broadband Software here

If you're not using Windows 8, you can find other versions here. I hope this helps you out 🙂

Hi Adam, Thanks for your help. This device is no longer supported by the later software, but installing it has replaced a couple of the files that I thougt might be a problem and fixed the issue. I could reverse it out and put the original software back in but I see no point. 

Thanks for your help.

Again a shame that corporate support took this approach rather than pointing to the software link. I was aboout ready to dump this stick which I have had for 5 years+. I might still as I have been looking at other connection methods.

Regards

- Andy

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AndyT2 That's a shame to see it's no longer supported by the latest software, but five years is a long time in the technology industry! 

Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm glad to see you've managed to get it working using another method 🙂

@Alex wrote:

If you're not using Windows 8, ShowBox Mobdro TutuApp you can find other versions here. I hope this helps you out 🙂

plugging it into a diffeerence device, or different times of the day