Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 930 WiFi issue in version 8.1 and 10 of Microsoft phone software

infinidim
4: Newbie

There is an issue with the Lumia 930 phone with the "Denim" firmware installed. What happens sometimes is that you can see the router but when you try and connect to the SSID it fails. Once the phone has been restarted then it works perfectly until the next time - it is random.

This happens under 8.1 and 10 official releases by Microsoft and Vodafone, does anybody else have this issue?

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @infinidim

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues.

Have you heard back from Microsoft? They would be the best people to look into this issue for you.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Viki

infinidim
4: Newbie
Viki_R,

I'm not getting on very well with Microsoft. I have provided them with lots of diagnostics and basically they have not come back to me with a solution. As Vodafone / Microsoft have now released the anniversary update of Windows 10 Phone I have updated my phone with it. As this issue is random I will keep an eye on it for a couple of weeks to see whether the update has fixed it.

I will also post on here my progress.

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim

Okay, thank you for keeping me updated.

I hope the update has fixed it.

Viki

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. I have just downloaded and installed the anniversary update, don't know if this will help with your issue?

63johnw,

I downloaded the anniversary update about 30 hours ago when it first came out. It is now on both mine and my wife's Lumia 930's. We are keeping an eye on the issue with both phones curerently.

What we have found is that the battery usage is worse than the previous version but most things are quite stable. We have also found a scaling issue with Edge - the website worked perfectly before on Windows !0 Mobile TH2 and also works great on Edge on PC's (Windows 10 RS1) but now on the anniversary update it is completely broken.

I will report back here on how things are going with Windows 10 Mobile RS1 every so often.

Regards

Infinidim  :smileyfrustrated:

Infinidim

63johnw
I too have a scaling problem using edge, missing top section off the forum page.

I think I just had the issue again with the anniversary update. I am sitting next to an access point in our house, try to connect to it and it won't connect. Try to connect to another access point in the house ( it's on three floors and we have three access points ) and it connects straight away.

Power down phone and start it up again and it connects straight away to the access point next to me. Not good for Microsoft and Vodafone

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim