My Vodafone App - Port iOS app to Windows 10 mobile

PVGiri
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Need "My Vodafone" app for Windows mobile 10 - UWP

"Port the iOS app to windows 10 mobile "

FYI

1. Facebook app, Instagram has successfully ported app to windows 10 mobile

2. My Vodafone App is available in Blackberry world - but not in windows?

Blackberry OS is dead officially... Everyone nows that

Vodafone Team (Any country) can develop the app or port the iOS app

and share the app for other countries

Useful Links for porting the app

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bridges

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/uwp/porting/getting-started-with-uwp-for-ios-developers

5 REPLIES 5

infinidim
4: Newbie
It would be so easy for Vodafone UK to port their IOS app to Windows 10 as a universal app using the Microsoft tools. Why don't you do it?

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@infinidim wrote:
It would be so easy for Vodafone UK to port their IOS app to Windows 10 as a universal app using the Microsoft tools. Why don't you do it?

I'm afraid that Vodafone aren't likely to comment on why there isn't an app available on Windows Phone.

PWIAC

infinidim
Thanks drep_p but I still feel that Vodafone should say something for their customers who have Windows phones.

We invested money in Vodafone products and Serives which Vodafone has made some considerable profit on and now they just ignore these customers - it's no a gripe, it's a fact. Go to any Vodafone store and almost certainly you will not see a Windows phone on display.

I know that Microsoft have decided to focus on business users with their phones and allow their OEM's to develop phone to meet the retail market.

I also know that Vodafone UK have decided, after they purchased C & W that they would move into the broadband and television market as well but this is no excuse for them to ignore their Windows Phone customers.

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi, you answer your own question when you say you won't find any windows phones for sale in Vodafone stores, why would they invest time and money on devices they seem to be stopping supplying. By the way I agree that it is shocking that they have not provided the app for windows phones.

infinidim
63johnw. Thanks for the comments.

It was important that I said the comments.

Vodafone have never been really committed to Windows Phone's , even earlier Microsoft mobile operating systems they weren't that committed.

When I did some work with Vodafone to sort out the " mast to mast hand-off protocol" and also when I worked on the development of GPRS they weren't that committed.

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim