Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone App - Workaround

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

The My Vodafone App is still M.I.A. so here is a simple workaround that gives you all the main information you want from the App.

Windows Phone has this great feature that let's you Pin Applications and Web Pages to the Start Screen. It's this "Pinning" feature that we are going to exploit.

1. Open the Internet Explorer App on your Windows Phone.
  2. Point the Browser to www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone
  3. Press the 3 dots on the bottom right of the screen

wp_ss_20150216_0001.png

4. Click on Settings - Then tap on Website Preferences...

wp_ss_20150216_0003.png

5. Choose "Desktop Version". This will automatically open the My Account page in FULL version with access to all the account features. Currently the mobile platform doesn't give all features to all devices so this is a fantastic workaround!

6. Next tap on the 3 dots again and choose Pin to Start screen.

You now have a "My Vodafone App"

wp_ss_20150214_0002a.jpg

Wink.gif

18 REPLIES 18

63johnw
Thanks TSD. Good workaround for my 930. 😊

63johnw

Funnily enough, this now seems to have switched to mobile view once I have logged in the next time.

wp_ss_20150217_0002.jpg

thesoupdragon
Scroll to the bottom of the web page and select "Full Site".

I think its an issue with the website detecting you are using a mobile device so auto switching you to mobile.

After doing the full site thing, pin to start screen again, hopefully that should make it stick...?

😉

thesoupdragon
Also when on the web page, tap on the 3dots (bottom right) tap on settings and check to see what "Data Sense" is set to? If its auto or high the browser will convert to the most data saving option (mobile).

63johnw
Tried all that but still mobile view, not that I am bothered by that, it works and can access my account.

63johnw
Changed data sense to off and full page came in.

Thanks again TSD 😉

hahaha it looks like vodaphone users are destined to do this forever lol im so jelly of ee users they actually have a ee app.

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The EE app isn't all that TBH

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

jjrobson
4: Newbie
Hi @thesoupdragon I followed your guide (plus the additional part regarding data sense), but still end up on the mobile site!

Have you any thoughts on why this is happening? I'm on Lumia 925 although I don't suppose that should make a difference.

Many thanks in advance.