Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 108 Bluetooth connection

jamestj
1: Seeker

Having purchased 2 new Nokia 108s so that I could use the ‘Hands Free’ facility in my new car, I was aghast to find they would not pair with the cat.

I got the following info from the Microsoft forum.

Any one any views?

Q I would like to ask if it is possible to pair NOKIA 108 with a bluetooth handsfree. I was not able to find the answer in user manual or anywhere else. If it possible can you please give a tip which BT handsfree is compatible?

A It`s impossible because Nokia 108 don`t support the appropriate bluetooth profile (HFP). The Bluetooth symbol placed on the box is a marketing gimmick.

Q Hi, I've bought a Nokia 108 recently and it won't connect to any vehicle bluetooth systems. In one vehicle they can't find each other and in another vehicle they find each other but are unable to connect. How do I get it to connect?

A I'm afraid there's nothing you can do, as the 108 only supports the OPP bluetooth profile, which is for sending of files. It does not support any handsfree or other type of audio connection over bluetooth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, I think it's obvious from the replies you have received, it won't and can't work.

Where did you get the phones? When? Are they pay monthly or payg? Could you still be in the 14 day cooling off period?

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
Hi, I think it's obvious from the replies you have received, it won't and can't work.

Where did you get the phones? When? Are they pay monthly or payg? Could you still be in the 14 day cooling off period?

Countrywalker
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am confused as the Vodaphone chat adviser has explicitly told me the  -Nokia108 pay as you go.phone with bluetooth will work with my car phone system and will enable hands free mobile service, so is this inaccurate information from a Vodaphone employee please?

63johnw
Hi, I think you have been misled, I have just had a read of the manual and it only mentions Bluetooth sharing of photos or videos to other phones. It is a basic phone.

Thank you. It is sad Vodaphone employees mislead potential buyers of their products. Are yiu familiar with any Nokia Vodaphone PAYG which has bluetooth and can connect to my car system to enable hands free please? 

63johnw
Hi, if you search the Vodafone website there are 2 payg Microsoft phones (Nokia name not used now) these should both connect to your car, there are other makes of payg phones that will also connect, if you can I would advise calling in to a store and have a look at a few phones and make your mind up.