Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 MMS problem

Craigy1892
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi

My mum, who is also a Vodafone Pay Monthly customer is having troble sending a MMS on her Nokia Lumia 520.

Is this a common problem or can it be fixed.

Thanks Craigy1892

55 REPLIES 55

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JMWright

I'm sorry to see that the factory reset did not work, the next step to try would be a repair.

Thanks

Sukhi

I have the same problem

How long do you have to wait after you text the word web to 40127

Hi, think I'm having similar issues. I had an MMS sent to my phone today saying 'Get media content now (29 KB)'. Clicked to download this (both out using my data allowance, and after that failed at home when connected to braodband) - nothing happens!

Can I be advised on what I should do to try and resolve this please, even if it is simply retracing the steps outlined above.

Many Thanks.

Still waiting on an answer,can anyone help please

Spoiler

JMWright
2: Seeker
Tim,Calcy.

I think my mms issues may be as a result of a recent Lumia Amber update.

You both have exaxctly the same issue as me.

If you manage to find anyone at Vodafone who has
a solution,please let me know.I have used this forum,the online chat option and even visited instore.
I have yet to find a single Vodafone employee who isn't just giving me bulk standard answers read from a computer screen.Good luck!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

I can see a couple of you are having issues with MMS. 

timduke123 - Did you receive a text with the settings? If not get in touch here and I'll check you account is provisioned for MMS.

Calcy - Have taken a look at our internet settings page?

JMWright - If you feel the issue started after the update, then I'm afraid all that I can suggest is waiting for a future update that will hopefully fix this.

Thanks

Sukhi

Now receiving Sky Sports Alerts how do i stop this, i have texted stop to the number but i am still receiving them

JMWright
Tim,

Unbelievably i have decided to upgrade with Vodafone now,rather than sort my mms issue.

Upgraded on Saturday morning online,just received a text to say my new phone is out of stock.

I should have learnt my lesson when none of them could fix an mms issue.

Good luck trying to get your problems resolved.

Regards,

Jon.

Had an email telling me the mms was not acitvated but is now activated at their end, told to send text to 40127 web did this a few times still no reply