cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 unable to send or receive picture messages.

garryeg
3: Seeker

I've a new Nokia Lumia 520 (payg)  phone which works well except that I can't send or recieve picture messages. I've text 'web' to the number given and have had the message saying new settings have been applied but it still doesn't work, I've checked my online account and removed the bars to picture messages. I went to the local Vodafone store who were no help - they told me to contact customer services, I did that but couldn't get any sense out of them either - anyone got any suggestions please - Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved - I actually managed to speak to somebody at Vodafone who appeared to know what they were talking about. They talked me through entering the correct settings - and it worked !

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

I myself have the same problem. I have been for an online web chat, called customer services on 121, been in to the store twice and my phone still can't send picture messages. I have tripled checked that the settings are correct. I have triple checked that the details in "Access Point" are correct and have had the details sent to me twice. When I went in to the store today the manager told me that there is a specific problem with that phone and that Nokia were fixing it. When I told him that my girlfriend has the same phone on O2 and has never had a problem he didn't seem to believe me. I am now starting to get very fed up with Vodafone. Does anybody know how to actually get this resolved without being fobbed off?

Many Thanks

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Hincher1 

We'll take a look into your account to help with this.   Please contact us here.

Thanks, 

Phil

I found that I could not get pictures in messages when I was using wi-fi as my data source. I got the pictures after turning off wi-fi and enabling my celluar data connection.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Although MMS is a data service, it does require a mobile connection, yes.

Savannah123
It works! Thank you so very much.

You're welcome.

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Apologies, we appear to have missed your post.

Did you get this sorted? Let us know if we can help further.

Best wishes,

Matt

Hi,

just bought the Lunia 520 on PAYG and have this exact problem - Have checked my settings as per the above post and all is as it should be. However, I still cant send or receive picture text messages!

When sending, it simply says it is unable to send and prompts me to try again. When receiving them, it tells me to go to a website to retrieve the photo!

Can you help please? Please note, I went into the vodafone shop this afternoon and asked them what the problem might be. They checked my settings and declared that nothing wrong and that I should be able to send and receive pictures. However, offered no solution! Basically they no use nor ornament!

Cheers