cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart V8 device not connecting to laptop PC (Windows 10)

AndyBL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Smart V8 is not recognised on my PC when I connect it on USB, and the notification dialog on the device doesn't come up either.  It's a new device (July-17) and a new Laptop (Jun-17).

I've been to Chat for help 3 times;

I've tried the hard reset, tried a link the guy sent me on the web with options,  none of those options worked.
My laptop is up-to-date - in terms of Windows 10 updates and drivers etc.

I'v e tried to update the MTP drivers (Microsoft provides a set of class drivers to support the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). In addition to the class drivers, Microsoft provides a setup information (.inf) file to install a class driver. This file is named WpdMtp.inf.)

(1) Go to C:\Windows\INF  -   (2) Type "wpdmtp.inf" in search bar provided to the right of the address bar in Windows 10.   -   (3) Once you found it, just right click on it and select install. It will take a very few seconds.
(4) Connect your device to the pc.  (5) reboot PC and try again.

Didn't work. 
Anyone else got any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AndyBL Please try the following steps to help:

• Go into Settings, then Storage
  • Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the menu (next to the magnifying glass)
  • Select 'USB computer connection'
  • From the options available, choose 'Media device (MTP)'
  • Connect your phone to your laptop

If the phone doesn't connect to the laptop after completing these steps, please try a different USB port on the laptop. Please also ensure that if you're using USB tethering, that this is switched off before using your USB to transfer files between the phone and computer.