Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone won't connect to sky On Demand

attheseaside
2: Seeker

Have spent all day with sky trying to sort and got nowhere. Sky box finds router but only the 1st connection and on the "On Demand" keeps coming up failed. This is obviously a Vodafone router problem as all worked ok with BT.

Would appreciate (simple - not techy) help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The router is designed in a way that as soon as it connects to the Vodafone network it should automatically update to the latest firmware. However sometimes for whatever reason the update can get stuck and because it doesn't complete this is when an adviser on the phone or webchat has to do it manually. 

I guess that's just technology for you :Smiley_with_tongue_out:

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

attheseaside

Not to worry - have spoken to Vodafone and they said leave for 2-4 hours and will "do something " from their end. Works ok now but don't understand why latest modem supplied only 3 days ago needed something more from their end.

Hi there, 

This could have been a Firmware update sent remotely to the router from Vodafone which corrected the issue you were having. Sometimes the router doesn't always update automatically so it sound slike they may have done it manually.

Glad it's working now. :Smiling:

Aye thanks m8 that was probably it but you would think a modem deliverred a couple of days ago would have either the latest firmware or instructions to download !!!!!!!

The router is designed in a way that as soon as it connects to the Vodafone network it should automatically update to the latest firmware. However sometimes for whatever reason the update can get stuck and because it doesn't complete this is when an adviser on the phone or webchat has to do it manually. 

I guess that's just technology for you :Smiley_with_tongue_out:

When I try contacting Vodafone with the same issue they blame sky?  Any suggestions on what to tell them