Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

infinidim
4: Newbie
Now that Microsoft have released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for un-branded Lumia phones including the Lumia 930 how long will it take Vodafone UK to release it to us for the Vodafone Lumia phones?

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim
6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

As a quick search will reveal, Vodafone don't comment on if / when a firmware update will be available for a device. For further information on why they don't, please see the link below:

Firmware FAQS

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @infinidim

I don't blame you wanting the latest firmware available which helps to introduce new features , deal with bugs and adds security patches in most cases. 

Keep checking the Software Update section of your phone and as soon as it's been checked by Vodafone to ensure it does not clash in anyway with anything I'm sure they'll release any relevant firmware in batches / waves. 

I hope you receive it as soon as possible. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

infinidim
4: Newbie
BandOfBrothers, thanks for your comments.

As you know I have a major ongoing issue, with WiFi, on Lumia 930's ( both mine and my wife's phones supplied by Vodafone UK) which I have a case open with Microsoft currently. One of the discussion Microsoft Mobile Device Support has talked about is that the Windows 10 Phone Anniversary update might address this issue, so basically Vodafone e are holding up the testing of this. I don't want to put the Insider version on, and Microsoft agree with me on this point as well.

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim

BandOfBrothers

You're very Welcome:)

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

soziko50bal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is being rolled out to Windows 10 PCs across the world in phases starting with the newer machines first. You don’t have to do anything to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, it will roll out automatically to you through Windows Update if you’ve chosen to have updates installed automatically on your device. However, if you don’t want to wait for the update to roll out to you, you can manually get the update yourself on your personal PC.

If you’re using a Windows 10 PC at work, you will need to check with your IT administrator for details on your organization’s specific plans to update 8 Ball Pool Google Hangouts Omegle

Jrueteo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released in 2016, marked a significant milestone for Microsoft's operating system. It introduced new features like Windows Ink for stylus input, improved Cortana integration, and enhanced security measures. The update also brought refinements to the Start menu and Action Center, along with performance improvements. Overall, the Anniversary Update aimed to enhance user experience and functionality on the Windows 10 platform.