Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Windows

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

4: Newbie
Now that Microsoft have released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for un-branded Lumia phones including the Lumia 930 how long will it take Vodafone UK to release it to us for the Vodafone Lumia phones?

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim
View more options
4 REPLIES
16: Advanced member

Hi there

As a quick search will reveal, Vodafone don't comment on if / when a firmware update will be available for a device. For further information on why they don't, please see the link below:

Firmware FAQS

PWIAC

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @infinidim

I don't blame you wanting the latest firmware available which helps to introduce new features , deal with bugs and adds security patches in most cases. 

Keep checking the Software Update section of your phone and as soon as it's been checked by Vodafone to ensure it does not clash in anyway with anything I'm sure they'll release any relevant firmware in batches / waves. 

I hope you receive it as soon as possible. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
4: Newbie
BandOfBrothers, thanks for your comments.

As you know I have a major ongoing issue, with WiFi, on Lumia 930's ( both mine and my wife's phones supplied by Vodafone UK) which I have a case open with Microsoft currently. One of the discussion Microsoft Mobile Device Support has talked about is that the Windows 10 Phone Anniversary update might address this issue, so basically Vodafone e are holding up the testing of this. I don't want to put the Insider version on, and Microsoft agree with me on this point as well.

Regards

Infinidim
Infinidim
View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

You're very WelcomeSmiley Happy

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options