Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Windows Phone Prolems after update

dannyboy103
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Following an update last night, my Microsoft 950 Windows 10 Phone switches on & I can receive calls but hardly anything else. When I click on a tile, it tries to open but then closes again.

Has anybody else had this problem & got it resolved???

Just need to phone Vodafone support!! I can't as can't call out.

Any advise greatly appreiciated!

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

If it's a firmware update then if the phone is glitching it's usually advised to perform a back up to preserve the data in the phones storage and perform a factory reset to remove old redundant files that may have remained after the update. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have no idea what update it was as I can no longer get into anything!!! Likewise, how can I back things up or reset phone?? It doesn't let me into settings. This is a business contract with vodafone and I can't receive emails, make calls or even see my contacts. I presume I will get a refund for the lost access I have???

Hi

If a person cannot get into settings then a Hard Reset can be actioned by various button presses. Information here http://www.hardreset.info/devices/microsoft/microsoft-lumia-950/

In my understanding Vodafone reimburse if services are lost for 3 Consecutive days. This I believe does not include issues with a phone as interim solutions such as inserting the SIM card in another phone is an option. 

The contract does not include the phone. That's covered by a manufacturer warranty.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

How can I back up my data prior to doing a Hard reset??? Fortunately I have only had the phone a week but still wouldn't want to lose anything!!!

I guess you didn't read whole post. I can't actually get into anything on my phone to do a backup!!!

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

I assumed that when you first set up the phone you would have used the option to back up everything to the cloud so it is recoverable.

I assume you did not do so.

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dannyboy103 - Check our returns policy if the phone has developed a fault.

SynthFG

you could also try the windows device recovery tool, 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

but this will erase your content, 

most of your contacts caledar appointments etc should be backed upto the cloud,

login to the acount you set the phone up with at outlook.com and then click on the square in the top left corner to see what you have backed up to people, calendar and one drive

your apps etc may also be backed up depending on how your phone was origninally set up, 

you can also connect the phone to a pc to recover photo's etc from the device

unfortunatly if the phone needs resetting you will be reiliant upon what these backups contain 

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own