Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

problems with the 920

martinhutch
4: Newbie

hi, had a 920 since earlier this year. had the 820, but after 12 months of problems with 10 handsets, got offered a 920 in stead.

The 920 worked great until the new update (cyan)

ever since the update, when ever i make a call, the screen goes blank. so if youy need to press a number on the keypad, you have to press the on/off button to bring the screen back alive. Same with ending a call, still have to press the button to bring the screen alive to use it.

Alarms go off, but again i have to press the on/off button to then turn the alarm off.

I've also notice that the handset is getting very hot when using it for some time.

Are these problem other have been having, and has anyone got a solution to it

13 REPLIES 13

martinhutch
4: Newbie

it also does not connect automatically to my router when i am in range, and often have to reconnect myself

hrym
17: Community Champion

With regard to the wifi issue, does this happen only on your home network, or all wifi connections?   In the former case, it could be a router issue.   That's all a bit of a can of worms, but it might be worth changing the channel your router uses.  I believe conflict with other nearby networks can cause this kind of problem.

hrym

I had a similar issue with a Samsung Galaxy S2.  I think it's something to do with the proximity sensor.  Do you by any chance have a screen protector on the phone?   That can interfere with the sensor and make it think it's still up to you ear (screen is blanked to prevent spurious taps) when it isn't.

i dont have a screen protector on, and it only started doing it after the update to cyan.

I think it may be a bug in the update. 

same with the wifi, connected fine before the update, now is playing up

Have been reading of other users having problems on other phones with the update, especially the getting hot bit.

So i am going to backup the phone, and then downgrade back to wp8, until i can be sure that the problems are fixed

cant seam to downgrade back to the black update, so it looks like i am stuck with these bugs.

will ring CS in the morning to see if i can get a solution to the problem

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi martinhutch,

We’ll need to send it away to our repair centre.

Please see our repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma, would that be able to put the old sytem back on to it?

I dont want to have the cyan update put back onto it, with the issues i have had with it so far. i was a lot happier with the black.

Hi martinhutch, 

I'm afraid the repair centre won't be able to roll it back to an old software version. 

Kay