Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g not working for social media

doubledebra
2: Seeker

For about 3 months now my 4g has not been working for social media apps. I have an iPhone 8 iOS 12.4

whatsapp, fb messenger, fb, snap, insta 

messages load but I can’t reply 

pics and videos don’t load at all.  Even Tesco grocery app won’t connect. All works perfectly on WiFi.

safari works fine and so do other apps like maps etc all working fine 

I have done the following

-deleted and reinstalled these apps

-hard reset

-Checked data is on for these apps

-checked apn settings and reset them 

-spoken to Vodafone who say there is no problem from their end and it must be a glitch on the phone

Paying a lot of money for 26gb of data every month that I can’t use it’s getting annoying :Sad_face: 

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @doubledebra  if I was you I would try and get to an Apple store and get them to run some diagnostics on the phone and see if they can rule out any faults. 

BandOfBrothers

As a process of elimination @doubledebra  can you try your Vodafone Sim Card in another phone and then see if things work.

This will help rule out the phone , apps or sim card which maybe at fault.

If you don't have another phone or can lend one to try a Vodafone Highstreet Store might have one to try your sim card in.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

teri21m

Mine's the same. It worked fine until approx 4 weeks ago. Ive done the same as you and nothing has worked. Have you been to apple?

No I’ve not had time to get to apple shop yet I’m hoping to soon. 

let me know if you find a solution 

I’m going to Vodafone Saturday to pick a new sim up to see if that helps. I’ll let you know