Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4s to SE

Renraw19
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey guys

I upgraded last week from my iPhone 4s that I've had for 6 years to the SE and was just curious about a few questions 

I revived the phone today and I've left it in its packaging I'm just wandering what  I do with the SIM card ?

im aware the iPhone SE has a different SIM and of course I just want to transfer my number to the new sim , any idea how I do this ?

many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Renraw19

You will need a SIM swap.

Pop into a Vodafone store and they will quickly sort this out for you and have the number changed to the correct size SIM.

Many thanks for the reply :), It's just ti be sure I wouldn't have been assigned a new number to the new sim was all,

Should I use iCloud to restore before I go or after I come back ? I'm guessing it's essentialy they take the old sim out and the number then transfers across then they put the new one in ?

regards 

AnnS

Hi @Renraw19

That complicates things. You don't mention if you are in contract or payg.

If you are on a contract. You will need to cancel the running contract, put the number on payg. This will take 30 days to complete after which time you will be free to transfer the number to the new contract.

Ideally, you should have taken an upgrade for the new phone.

Hi again 

I did take the upgrade, I did it over online chat, I was just curious as to how everthing transfers across , I have a pay monthly account and the SE is an upgrade on my previous phone, I just thought that I would transfer everything across from my old phone and then the sim as well

regards 

redpages

If you mean transferring the content (apps, games, multimedia etc.) from your old phone to your new phone then a SIM swap wouldn't do this.

You'd need to back your existing 4S up on iTunes (via a PC, for example), then you can plug your new phone into your PC and download the content to the new device. If you have any problems or questions on this I'm sure the rest of the forum can help out.

My 4S actually started to struggle with the lastest versions of iOS software a few years back, so upgrading to a new device was cetainly a big improvement in terms of performance. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community