main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Adding Apple Watch to SIM only

13: Advanced Member

The Twitter team told me that as long as my plan is eligible, then I can buy from Apple and just pay the £5 to use the data I've already paid for on the watch.

View more options
9: Established

Yep I really hope that is the case. I like Vodafone and I like Apple Watch so

View more options
2: Seeker

The Twitter team having been giving wrong info out about Apple Watch since it went live yesterday, so please don’t make a purchase based on what they say

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi there. Just purchased the esim plan to use with my AW3 / existing red plan from the street store. However when I'm trying to activate my iPhone shows following message: "Vodafone UK does not currently support Apple Watch"

can you help help me please?

btw offer was great: £5/month / monthly rolling contract/ first 6 months free of charge

View more options
9: Established

As far as I know, no activations are taking place until 21st September

View more options

Thanks. This might be the case. I guess their retail & 191 team isn't trained properly at this time. The guy who sold me the plan said it will take 30 minutes to get active and been suprised with the promo offer I could get 

View more options

It's on their web site:

Already have an Apple Watch Series 3?

It can be linked to your existing Vodafone iPhone plan for just £5 a month (free for the first 6 months).

Apple Watch connectivity with Vodafone will be available 21 September. Come back then and we’ll get you set up.

View more options

When i look on the website i don't see the date just as per attached screen. Will call them now.

View more options
View more options

yes - thats where i did screenshot from - seems like they removed the date.

View more options

How strange. Have you tried it in a different browser or incognito window? 

View more options

Ahh good tip. Initially checked in safari now in Chrome it shows with the date as per attached. Anyway their customer service is lost as im on line right now and the guy doesnt have much clue what to do but it;s ok - i am glad they have finally introduced it. Now just i want to upgrade my Iphone 7 to new XS or XS MAX (can't decide yet until i take it to hand)

View more options

Well, no surprise that their customer services don't have a clue!

I've gone for the Xs, looking forward to next Friday! Still don't think I'll use the cellular part of the watch much so just going with the GPS version

View more options

I see. I dont think i will use cellular as well. But i will see - first months are free anyway. 

BTW - Vodafone technical help is completly lost - now they have asked me to send my apple watch to apple as it hasnt been purchased from Vodafone, before they have asked me to reset apple watch completly. When i mentioned about the 21 september (as you pointed) they said it's just for the apple watch 4

View more options

Getting a different message than the usual error on the eligibility check now. 

Thank you. We've now completed your eligibility check. In this instance we need to talk with you to complete some additional steps. Please give us a call on 191.

No point phoning until I have the watch but maybe a bit more promising. 

View more options

It won’t add it when I try to set up my watch. I have the Red Entertainment sim only package so I assumed I’d be able to add my watch.

View more options

So finally i did set this up earlier this week but not sure will I use it. Don't find it really useful for now as most of the time I have my phone with me or I'm wi-fi connected. For now I will enjoy free months and most likely cancel the plan. 

View more options

I’m on red entertainment. Sim only and my voda purchased watch works fine. Just need to make sure the data plan is properly provisioned as I’ve explained in many posts over the last c9 eofhurs. Truly abysmal service from. Voda to not clarify that part of the setup. 

View more options

I tried your method earlier and it didn’t work for me. I just get a logon screen then it says it isn’t available and to ring which I guess I’ll have to do tomorrow.

View more options

@macdegsy wrote:

My experiences with Live Chat have always been frustating and frawght with misinformation and inaccuracies, but then again, calling them doesn't necessessarily improve on that!

I've been with Vodafone for 22yrs of unbroken loyalty and that's only because I rarely have to get in touch with them.  If I had to contact Vodafone more often, I'd have left long ago

As for the Apple Watch, I'll be buying mine in Canada, as it's around £100 cheaper.  The only thing I've to check out yet whether the eSim is only loaded once you start it up for the first time and therefore does it mean it won't matter I buy it outside of the UK, as when I set it up, it'll set up on a UK network.  If not possible, I'll be buying the non Cellular one

I am lead to believe that you cannot buy the watch outside of the country you want to use it in.  So if you want to use the eSIM you need to buy the phone in the UK as the watch is not unlocked like the iPhone.

View more options