cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Any iPhone users noticed unknown USA number being charged on their text bills?

kevinleigh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Anyone seen unknown texts being charged at 35p on their monthly bills to the same number abroad?

I noticed a bunch of texts apparently sent starting on 30 August and ending 18 September. There are no messages on my iPhone 7+ and I know from my diary that the phone was with me but not in use at the time of the messages being sent. I’ve searched my iPhone and contacts and don’t recognise and can’t find the number. I only know the messages were sent due to the billing and Vodafone giving me details of the messages lengths and times sent. 

The number, according to my quick research online, belongs to ‘Omnipoint Communications, Inc.’ based in New York. It’s a T-Mobile number. The number is:

001 347 221 8925

Has anyone come across this? I don’t use my phone for games so I don’t think it is an app billing me. 

The very odd thing is that most of the messages were sent on two different days with each message being a minute apart and the character length increasing by one character each message. The bulk of the messages were either 60 or 80 characters long. 

Thanks for any comments. 

K

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Appreciate the number does not appear to be in your iPhone but if this was me I’d add it and then use the iphones blocking facility. 

Have Vodafone Customer Services been able to help at all ?

@jeffkinn have you seen or heard anything like this ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was waiting to see if it happens again but can’t see any info on the next month’s bill. Can that facility block a message going out from my iPhone? I thought it only worked on incoming calls and messages. 

K

BandOfBrothers

@kevinleigh wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I was waiting to see if it happens again but can’t see any info on the next month’s bill. Can that facility block a message going out from my iPhone? I thought it only worked on incoming calls and messages. 

K

Looking at the blocking feature I think your right @kevinleigh

Certainly is a conundrum. 

Options could be trying your SIM card in another phone for a month. 

And or have a Vodafone Store perform a sim swap as a very last resort. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kevinleigh That's strange - we'd like to take a look into your account in more depth.
So we can get you in touch with our dedicated team, please follow the steps I've sent to you via private message.

jeffkinn

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@jeffkinn have you seen or heard anything like this ?

@BandOfBrothers No I haven't and actually @kevinleigh is a close mate and I asked him to post on here about the problem to see if anyone else had come across it. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png