Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Carplay - ipad Air MH2M2B/A

Stanthedog
4: Newbie

Hello

I'm intending on using Apple carplay from my new radio unit although I've found I may be incompatible.

I have an old iphone 4 which I understand will not support carplay.

Also my Ipad which I beleive is an ipad Air 2? - the model is MH2M2B/A has IOS v12.x installed - I'm due to upgrade to 12.3.1 when i next get a wifi signal. Does this support Airplay as I cannot find any details on my ipad system settings for it.

My iphone 4 has been going strong for 9-10 years but Im now looking like I have to upgrade it to a later model. I'm considering a 6S as the cost of the later versions is very prohibitive but I am worried about how long apple will support the 6S if I do purchase a unit at £299 (John Lewis).

many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Stanthedog 

You would receive a better reply for this question on the Apple Community, they should be able to advise how long Apple will be supporting the 6S, and be able to give some advise for your Apple carplay.

Please see here:  Apple Support Communities

@Stanthedog 

You will need to register on the Apple Support Community after which time you will be able to ask your questions.

hello, thank you how do i move this there?

BandOfBrothers

Youd have to go there and post it yourself. 

Apple typically support an iPhone with iOS for quite a considerable time as they like to show that their new iOS is compatible for older iPhones as well as the newer ones.

Unfortunately sometimes not all the new features of the iOS will always work as the older phones cant support them.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established

Sorry @Stanthedog, but according to Apple's own website, at present no iPad will support CarPlay,  (www.apple.com/uk/ios/carplay).

At the moment only iPhones are supported. There is always the chance that it may be supported with the next Firmware Update released to iPads, but like all major manufacturers they will not comment on any prospective new features until it is announced.

There is also the added complication that the next firmware release for iPad will NOT be iOS, but a new system called iPadOS, due later this year.