Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch 4 mobile data error Maximum devices

Andudz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi getting so stressed about this and hoping someone has similar . Numerous calls to Vodafone and they really don’t seem to have a clue . Purchased Apple Watch 4 direct from them and when I attempt to connect mobile cellular data . I get the message maximum devices have been added to this plan contact Vodafone to resolve etc’ has anyone else successfully solved this problem 

62 REPLIES 62

Has any body had any luck with this yet? I’m getting the same error message saying the maximum number of devices has been reached! 

i am also having this porblem? dont see the pint of paying so much for a watch without cellular connection??

can you please help with my situation? i have rang 191 three times and talked to a number of different adivsors all of which have no idea what im talking about? i have re paired the device twice and also been told to delete all my content from my phone?!?!?!

I've been in pretty much every "Apple Watch won't connect to cellular" situation that has been mentioned in these forums, from the "plan not compatible with Vodafone one number" through to this issue with multiple devices. I've migrated my plan and spent numerous hours with numerous vodafone employees. A lot of the customer service agents haven't got a clue and repeat the same rubbish that you know will not work but there is the odd exception if you persevere. This is what I have learnt. 

Most of the agents don't have any idea of the issue or the solution. They will try to tell you what you want to hear in order to get a positive review of the customer experience when the chat ends. It is utterly frustrating to be told things you know not to be true after having spent hours trawling forums or speaking to technical support. You will need to migrate your plan if it is not compatible. I was not told of this and was only offered more expensive plans that were compatible. Stand your ground. I refused to except a higher cost as I had a verbal contract that did not include the need to pay extra for a mobile plan. I eventually obtained a working plan that matched my existing deal. When this hurdle is overcome you may get the multiple device issue. This was eventually solved, by luck or judgement I'm not sure, by variously disconnecting the phone from Vodafone's 4g network, reconnecting it, turning the phone off, removing the sim card, replacing it then switching the phone back on. Then unpairing and repairing (yes, I know this is a pain) the watch fixed the issue, for me at least. The agent I spoke to to try this method seemed to be aware of the issue and was working through a list of things to try to correct it. 

Unfortunately that's not the end of the issue as I now am stuck in the screen asking me to sign up to a £5 plan to connect the watch which is not correct and does not work. My issue has now been escalated and I'm waiting on overcoming this latest hurdle. It's not acceptable to have to jump through all these hoops or spend countless hours trying to get a service to work that you are spending good money on but that is the situation. I hope some of this information may be useful to some. 

I have exactly the same issue.  I have gone through the process of contacting Vodafone 3 days in a row, talked to around 10 customer service agents who all have no clue how to solve.  Tried unpairing, resetting network settings, repairing from an existing watch backup, pairing as a new user, tried all sorts and get the same error.  Could someone from Vodafone who has managed to understand this issue contact me to resolve?  Thanks.

Finally managed to get past the multiple device issue...   turned both the phone and the watch off and on again (typical IT solution) but it actually worked,   Although just like above, it’s now telling me I need to pay the £5 subscription fee, which I’m already paying with my contract....

It’s okay though because I’ve been referred to the technical team who will ring me back in a few days to fix it.....

Oh Vodafone, you really know how to please your customers -__-

I’m having the exact same issue.

First off i was told my plan was not compatible so am now paying a further £5 more a month for the same data and minutes i was on before for a compatable plan. I was assured my watch would then work.

Now when i try to set it up via the watch app it says i have reached the maximum number of devices on my plan and to call 191.

I spoke with numerous people in tech support the last of whom was a really nice honest lady who is the only person who admitted vodafone dont know what is causing this issue and that all they can do at the moment is escalate it.

She assured me everything else with my watch and plan are correct such as my plan amd eid of my watch correctly linked to my account.

It has been escalated to a team to deal with it and no time frame has been given

I just realised every time you re pair your Apple Watch it creates a backup on your phone.  On my iPhone I just went into settings, general, iPhone storage and then selected the watch app.  In here there were 5 watch backups.  I deleted all the backups apart from the existing one leaving only one backup.  I then refreshed all apps in my phone and turned off the phone.

i then restarted the phone and went into the watch app.  When I selected mobile data it thought for a bit and then connected to Vodafone automatically.  The watch now seems to be connected to cellular.  I hope this works for others. If it does let’s hope Vodafone support pick up on it.

possibly the multiple device error was because of multiple backups on the iPhone and it didn’t know which device to connect too

Above post works!

i no longer get the message and it just connected!

i have turned off my phone and used the watch to make a call

well done you

maybe vodafone could issue this advice to people but i bet they dontthanks again!

@dermotbubz you sir are a legend. 

Tried the same same and it worked 100%. 

Fingers crossed it it works for others.