main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Apple Watch 4 stock - How quickly did you get yours?

2: Seeker

Hi! I recently placed an order for an Apple Watch Series 4. I was so excited to see that Vodafone had finally got the rights to sell the cellular Apple Watch as I've been patiently waiting and resisting the temptation to move over to EE to get one sooner! However, shortly after placing my order I received an email saying that it was out of stock. Having looked into it, it seems this has been an ongoing problem since September, where people didn't receive their pre-ordered watches until late-October or even November. Have things improved since September or is there still a problem with such long waits between ordering and the item arriving? Vodafone don't seem to have any idea when there will be new stock in. I sent them a tweet asking when they were likely to recieve new stock and all they could tell me was that they would keep me updated, which I take it just means I'll get the emails every 3 days telling me the item is not in stock until it IS in stock, which could be anything from a week to .... who knows how long??

So.... what I'm wondering is how long it is taking people to receive their Apple Watches now. If you've now received your watch, how long did you have to wait? Has anyone who ordered since the New Year received their watch yet? It would be nice to know if I should expect to be waiting a week or two, or a month or two, or longer?? Thanks! 

View more options
8 REPLIES
7: Helper

Looking at the hundreds of posts on here about connection issues with Apple watch I would cancel your order until they get it sorted out.  I did this back in November and it doesn't seem to be any better now we are in January.  I glad I did.  Just my tuppence worth.

View more options

Hi Tasha 

i ordered mine on October 3rd and didn’t get it till November 7th so yeah there has been short supply even now when I got my 11-inch iPad Pro I waited 2 weeks. And I’ve not experienced any network troubles with the Apple Watch either

View more options

I would be really interested to hear when you get your watch. I ordered mine on the 12th January. I was also told it was out of stock. I don't really want to wait months for it to arrive! 

View more options

Well, there's still no sign of the watch. I'm now on my third email letting me know it's still out of stock. My best estimation based on speaking with people on social media is that we can expect to be waiting a little over a month. I'll update when I receive my watch so that people can get an idea of the current waiting period. 

View more options
3: Seeker

I had inititally ordered one from Vodaphone (Apple Watch 4 Space Grey with 3G) I was told initially it would take 2 weeks then I came to this forum and saw it was taking a lot longer than that So.......

I cancelled my product order with Vodaphone and ordered it direct from CPW and it turned up "Next Day" as they had the stock then I just set it up on the second line - that took 3/4 days (Luckily as there are customers here who have still not had theirs connected to their accounts and this is terrible) so If you can I would cancel your order from vodaphone and buy it elsewhere then come back to add the watch to your vodaphone account.

Thats what I did.

Regards

Dr Rob

View more options

Hi guys, just to update on this, I got an email today saying that my Apple Watch will be delivered TODAY!  

View more options

Well, now the fun begins... 

My watch finally arrived today, but setting it up I’ve got this message:

”Your Vodafone UK account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch” 😐

which is great, as the main reason I wanted the watch was to be able to track, monitor and sync my workout data without having to take my phone with me.

I’ve spoken with Vodafone customer services this evening who put me through to their tech team, who told me that my phone wasn’t set up correctly on their end and the sim isn’t recognised. It’s beven left with the tech team and should be fixed in 8 working days. I’ll believe that when I see it!

View more options

How annoying for you! 

I ended up cancelling my order in the end. I’m glad I did! 

Good luck with your connection. 😊

View more options