Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch 6 can’t connect to date plan

Trice
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I’m hoping someone has experienced the same merry dance I’ve been on for a week now. When I try to connect my watch to my data plan, it tells me I have too many devices? I only have my watch and phone on a new contract. I keep talking to Vodafone who keep telling me that it’s because my order for OneNumber is being processed and will be complete in 2-24 hours. That’s what I’ve been told every day since last Friday. I’ve been talked through the eSim swap steps and the verification code goes to the wrong number (?) but the regular log in verification code goes to my actual number... again, I’m being told it’s because my onenumber order isn’t complete and if I just wait 48 hours it’ll be fixed. I’m not sure what else I can do because no one seems to know what the issue is, although no one has said that 🙄

has anyone else experienced this and can help me with how to get it to work ☹️ 

thank you 

12 REPLIES 12

MarkD

Hi @Trice, sounds like you've tried a lot to get the service to work. When were you informed that it can take 48 hours for the order to complete? If that timescale has now passed, is the Apple Watch now working with the OneNumber? 

That was Tuesday. I spoke to them again yesterday and eventually had the text to say my onenumber is active but when I try to do the eSim swap, it’s still sending the security code to a number that isn’t mine. No one apparently knows why it is doing this and in fact the guy I was speaking to earlier today told me it wasn’t possible... so I guess I’m wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sure we can get this sorted @Trice  - if you can contact us on our social media channels, we'll be more than happy to help out. 

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Iv had exactly the same thing. 8 hours in on the phone since Saturday and still no cellular connection to my Apple Watch 6.  Every time I try abs connect it says I have reached maximum number of devices on my Vodafone one number plan!!! Loosing the will to live!!! 

Out of interest, did you port a number to Vodafone when  you took the contract?

No I kept my own number on my own phone and was told I had Vodafone one number set up. It’s showing on my plan on the app but my watch says mod data. When I try and connect my watch it takes me to the app and says I’ve reached the maximum number of devices,,,,,,,

Ok the problem so the Problem with mine that took 3 weeks to fix was that the watch was registered to a different number but no one could find out how. They had to cancel my watch contract, then set it up again, and it was fixed straight away. Did take over 3 weeks to get it to work but it is fully working now. Have you tried the eSim swap thing?

NARadyk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have this issue too! Brand new iPhone 12 Pro, brand new Apple Watch series 6 and a brand new customer with a brand new contract. I’ve been reading around and can see this issue goes all the way back to 2018 with the Apple Watch 4 with still no clear resolution to it. Ridiculous!

Did you port a number to Vodafone?