Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Cellular not working

vegasvic2005
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently aded an Apple Watch Series 3 to my Vodafone plan. Last week it worked fine but now not at all.

I've tried all the tech support suggestions (after 2hrs on the phone).... Unpair, Delete the app, re-boot the watch, pair again, set up as a new watch..... and still Vodafone mobile data is not working.

I can see in my account details that a secondary number for my watch exists alongside the primary number for my phone. Despite that, when I try to set up Mobile Data on the watch app it tells me that I can't use this plan with Vodafone One Number.... I don't even know what that is.

Are there any new fixes for this?

53 REPLIES 53

Note - my issue has been formally logged with Vodafone technical support for a week now and despite chasing is still not resolved. Note, I spoke to a manager at Vodafone today who is now blaming Apple!!! Surely Vodafone can take ownership as after all they are happy to take my money!! 

@Gemma - I see you've helped with a problem like ours, here on the forum before so I am reaching out to you in desperation! I've spent since before Christmas trying to get my wife's Apple Watch series 3 Cellular connected to the Vodafone network (it continues to show "No SIM" in the watch's Mobile data settings). Your technical support people keep pointing me to a web page that should allow me to activate the watch's eSIM but when I enter the eSIM's phone number, I get a "505" error page, which suggests the web application is broken (on her mobile) or "Sorry, we're making a few tweaks" on my PC. That's been the case for almost a week now. No-one seems to be able to work around this. Can you please help?

Jeremy

PS. I've had my Apple Watch series 4 working fine on Vodafone for over a month now. Didn't have any of these problems getting that set up...

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

I'll be happy to look into what’s happening with your wifes Apple Watch not connecting @jeremydonaldson

So I can do this, I’ve sent you a private message, with details on how to get in touch.

@TJ - did you get my PM OK?

Jez

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jeremydonaldson Did you reply to @TJ's private message or did you follow the link and enter the code? I've just checked our inbox and can't see a message in there from the registered email address on your Community account. When you submit the form, you'll receive an automated email to say we've got it. This will also contain your unique reference number which looks like [#12233445]. 

@Vicki3479 If you'd like us to have a look into your Apple Watch and account, please send over your details using the link in my private message

Hi - I filled in the code and subsequent form as requested. Can’t you see it?

TJ

If you've not received a confirmation email from us @jeremydonaldson, we'll have not got your query. Please try clearing your cache and cookies and complete the form again. Keep us updated and let us know if it goes through successfully this time. 

Hi - yes I received a reply from John Paul in your Social Media team yesterday evening. He said he'd sent a 4-digit code on text but we haven't received this. I replied late last night (Thursday) with the information he requested (except the code we didn't receive) and await his response. If you're able to nudge him, that would be great :Smiling:

Jez

I'm sorry for our delay in responding @jeremydonaldson, we're a little busier than usual across our Social Channels at the moment. If you've still not received a reply to your previous email, let us know the case ref (looks like [#12345678]) from the auto response you received and I'll chase this

Hi Mark

No I haven’t and it’s now been over 3 weeks since buying the Apple Watch and still no connectivity with the Vodafone network. 

The case details are: 

EFT195 [#20231414]

If you could chivvy along the appropriate team, we’d very much appreciate it. 

Many thanks

Jez