Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Cellular not working

vegasvic2005
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently aded an Apple Watch Series 3 to my Vodafone plan. Last week it worked fine but now not at all.

I've tried all the tech support suggestions (after 2hrs on the phone).... Unpair, Delete the app, re-boot the watch, pair again, set up as a new watch..... and still Vodafone mobile data is not working.

I can see in my account details that a secondary number for my watch exists alongside the primary number for my phone. Despite that, when I try to set up Mobile Data on the watch app it tells me that I can't use this plan with Vodafone One Number.... I don't even know what that is.

Are there any new fixes for this?

53 REPLIES 53

Hi. 

Please add add me to the list of people who simply can’t get the apple watch connected to the mobile data network. 

Ive recently received  my series 4 watch and the same issue as everyone else. “Your Vodafone account is not elligble to enable mobile data”

im going round in circles (like everyone else)

if someone could send me a PM (as above) I’d be grateful. 

Not the same issue as ours. My series 4 was connected pretty quickly. Only two calls to the tech team.  My wife’s Series 3 is still unconnected after 3 weeks. We aren’t getting that error. We just get a message asking us to call 191 because the process of setting up mobile data in the Watch app on the iPhone has failed. Problem is, once you dial 191 no-one seems to have a clue how to fix the problem, while at the same time pretending they do know. This all culminated this evening in my watch being disconnected because the umpteenth person to try to help me with my wife’s Apple Watch hadn’t realised that I was acting for her and her watch. It’s the kind of shambles that you couldn’t make up. The lack of ownership and continuity in Vodafone’s support operation seems to be, in large part, the cause of these problems. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jeremydonaldson We'll continue discussing this with you over email, thanks for your reference. 

@Searla We're more than happy to help with your Apple Watch query, please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you. 

Thanks @Adam - i've just completed the form..