Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Cellular not working

vegasvic2005
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently aded an Apple Watch Series 3 to my Vodafone plan. Last week it worked fine but now not at all.

I've tried all the tech support suggestions (after 2hrs on the phone).... Unpair, Delete the app, re-boot the watch, pair again, set up as a new watch..... and still Vodafone mobile data is not working.

I can see in my account details that a secondary number for my watch exists alongside the primary number for my phone. Despite that, when I try to set up Mobile Data on the watch app it tells me that I can't use this plan with Vodafone One Number.... I don't even know what that is.

Are there any new fixes for this?

53 REPLIES 53

I’m having problem Same problem with my Apple Watch and nothing help from Vodafone technical support. Always promised 24 hours and it will work but never worked:(( already 10days nothing happened. Any body can help....

I’m having trouble getting my Apple Watch connected. No it’s already 10 days and every day calling 191 technical support but nothing happened, every time they promise to solve within 24 hours and will call back but never called:(  help please

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Maroof1977 

There has been a few recent threads in regards to issues with apple watches and connection. A search on the forum.may yield help.

As the Team here cannot help with account based issues you would have to persevere with customer support and or use social media via Twitter and Facebook

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Interesting about getting your 1GB plan upgraded to 16GB - I've already got a 16GB tariff and was told that wasnt compatible and needed to pay more - this just seems ike a racket to me to get people onto higher contracts!

I apparantly set up the correct account/plan etc the other day on 191 in preparation. Received my watch today. Updated the watch first.

Call 1: Called Vodafone as instructed. They had my EID number so was hopeful it would get set up. You guessed it, watch won't link in to data plan etc. Just like you guys that are still waiting.  Primary and second line on my account.

Was passed to "technical" team who told me I had to change my plan, told her I had already done this the other day then she asked if i had inserted the sim card ?!?! After politley informing her that it doesn't have a sim card, she then told me to go in a branch to get it sorted.

Call 2: Someone tried to help, talked to technical again and after 1hr 20 mins said it would be escalated, my account had to be reconfigured?!, try setting it up again in 48 - 72 hours...Phone down.

For anyone who has it working, is there a magic setting or configuration that needs to be in place on my phone or watch?? Or am I as doomed as everyone else.....

The only iWatch I've seen working with Cellular is the Manager's iWatch at the store in Stafford.

She explained she had the same problem, and seemed to go through the same process, she mentioned EID and within 2 days it was working (and I have actually seen it working, which gave me some hope!).

But here I am, now waiting since 28th September, having made call after call.  Having got a text to say they have my EID.  This is crazy! How can this not be resolved.

I wonder how many people out there actually have a working cellular plan on their iWatch on Vodafone.

Just wish I would get a bit of honesty when I contact support, this “it is in progress and will be resolved in 2 to 24 hours” is wearing a bit thin after two weeks!

I’ve had a call back from Social Media team this evening. All very friendly staff there. But no resolution yet. Heard same from complaints department yesterday.

In terms of honesty, they did say they cannot give any date for this to be resolved for my case. Which I guess is honesty, but crazy that this issue still goes on.

10 days and counting after attemping to 'Setup Mobile Data' from within the Apple Watch App on an Apple purchased Watch Series 4.

I have had a call from the Social Team (which I missed due to being on another call - typical!), who followed up with an email.  I think, and I'm guessing here, is that going through the 'Setup Mobile Data' feature within the Apple Watch App has created one entry in one of the VF systems, but it failed to setup due to overly brutal eligibility checks, and when I spoke to the new connections team, they created an addtional entry in the same system, which means the Watch App can't determine which record to use to enable an eSIM profile to be installed on the Watch... 

The above is purely speculation, we'll see when it gets resolved and what kind of apology I get for what has been less than slick experience.  As others have mentioned, everyone I've spoken to has provided different information, and I've lost count of the number of conficting statements around resolution - ranging from 'working within a few minutes, to it'll start working overnight, to someone will call you back very soon, to someone will give you a call back within 48 hours.  Today has been the first call back I've had in 10 days...  Highlights how many connections are needing to be followed up to get working!

I'm still optimistic that the Cellular Connection Watch experience will be amazing (although I wish Spotify had an Apple Watch App, espeically when VF offer Spotify Premium with the Entertainment plans - but that's a whole different conversation...)

After receiving watch on Monday 15th Oct, as last post, mine didn't work. I did nothing with it except upgrade to latest version of software. Didn't mess around trying sim swaps or anything like that. I'd already ensured my account was set up for one number. It wouldn't go to data plan as per everyone else. After reading this forum I had no luck on 191 and no luck in a store. 

I went straight to the directors office by e-mail as rec'd by others on here with a very polite e-mail requesting assistance etc.. Sure enough someon called within 24 hrs.

I had a call from a very helpful chap from directors office team (forget his name) who spent an hour with me initially trying the usual unpair and pair again. This didn't work, he then put me on hold for while and came back saying that this must mean that my account had to be re-configured (or something similar?)  and this could take 7 days. He promised to keep in touch within 48 hrs.

Well..........2 hours later, I tried the "connect to mobile data" on the app on my phone and it sprung to life with updated carrier settings and the watch started working perfectly. So, within 2 days, all up and running.!!

I really hope everyone else gets theirs sorted but there are obviously people that know how to solve this, I think i've been lucky in finding them. Sit tight, it will happen. If I remember the chaps name or he calls again to check up, i'll post it. Maybe this is the chap to help.