main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Apple Watch Cellular not working

2: Seeker

It looks like I now have to go through the same mess around you’ve had. I called Vodafone yesterday morning about my watch, I was told that they would call me back in 24hours. Well still not working and no call! I’ve been a loyal customer for 15 years and have never asked for anything. Well now I see what everyone else has been complaining about with the poor customer service.  

View more options

@inim666 @jamescarlin @DROBBO1 I'm absolutely delighted you're all up and connected with your Apple Watches! I apologise it's taken a while to get here.

I myself also took out a new Apple Watch Series 4 and I'm really impressed with it's capabilities. I too have noticed there currently isn't a Spotify app for the Watch yet, but I've noticed the control functions are still compatible as long as the Spotify app is open and playing via the phone first. I've also noticed Spotify partnered services such as Djay Pro also offer a Watch app. Whether you can launch Spotify from here I'm unsure, might be worth a try though.

View more options

Apologies for our delayed response @Bart1209. If you're still unable to connect to our service through your Apple Watch, we'll be happy to look into this for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Same issues as everyone else.  Finally got Customer Relations to agree to exchanging the watch.  Brought it home and guess what......exactly the same problem.  On mobile data the watch is saying that there is no sim.  Prior to that we had an error code which Vodafone didn’t even know what it meant.  Anyone had the no sim issue, and any suggestions to resolve as Vodafone haven’t got a clue?

View more options

So i thought i would do an update. After the the first 24 hour deadline vodafone gave me to turn on my watch, nothing. so i called again and this time i was given a 4 day deadline with a promise that it would work this time and a call afterwards when it done. well that 4 days have now been and gone. watch still dosnt work and no phone call.

Am i just being fobbed here? so tempted to just call it quits on 16 years of loyalty here and go to EE who can get the watch to work before you leave the shop! Vodafone what is wrong with you? you cant stick to your own deadlines, you don't call back when you say you will, and your customer help, dosnt help!

View more options

Well I've tried to call twice today to see whats going on. both times I've been cut off!

It looks to me like Vodafone couldn't care less about their customers. I've been given 2 deadlines and promised 2 phone calls both of which they have failed on. I've even private messaged vodafone on here, all to no avail.

so if that's all I'm worth to them, I'm off. so Vodafone, because of your failed promises, lack of communication and poor customer service, i will be going when my contract finishes with you!! 

View more options

Have you tried the e-mail to directors office? That's what eventually got mine sorted? (Within 2 days)

View more options

I'm really sorry to see you're still having problems with your Apple Watch @Bart1209. So we're able to look into finding a resolution for you, please send us your details by following the private message I've sent you. 

View more options

hi good day

in need of desprate help to make it work

trying to connect my apple watch (series 4) for all most one month since I have bought the watch from apple directly,

made number of calls, false promises made will work within two hours 48 hours seven days and still counting, was sent to store unneccesery and was very embereced as staff it was waste of time to send me there

I also contacted apple about this and they changed the unit for new one again but did not make any diffrent

they are saying that they escalated this to higher technical department

very frustating

please help...........help.............................help.......................................help

View more options
4: Newbie

My iWatch still not connected to Mobile Data. I ring customer services weekly. They says it’s being looked at.

this weeks call, they said they found the issue and 48 hours it would be fixed. They promised to call be in a couple days.

Still not working and no call back.

What do I have to do? This has been like this for almost two months now! Crazy!!!! Why can no one help and fix it.

View more options

This really is driving me crazy. 

The Watch app tells me that I didn’t pass the credit check . My Phone app shows that I have two lines, I’m already paying for this second line that my credit is too poor to get. 

191 didn’t have a clue as to why this is happening. They told me that my Watch should have been connected out of the box. This is not the case at all. You can see the Watch hasn’t been connected. The Watch app tells you this. 

View more options

@master105 @MrJG @Xander70 - I’m sorry to hear how long you’ve all been trying to connect your Apple Watch for. We can help!  So we can access your accounts, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Hey I’m having the same issue im

paying for the data plan and my watch doesn’t connect rang 191 so many times told me try all sorts wait 24 hours un pair and pair nothing works. They say it’s active but it’s not. Just says loading plan then I have 2 lines with both with a i next to them need this sorting 

All, I am having the same issue now in December - Vodafone are saying that the will investigate and call back in 48 hours - surely they know the root cause by now!!! Really annoying, only started the plan to support the watch - now wishing that I sent to EE! 

Vodafone - you perhaps need to be honest and admit that you are not really ready to support the Apple Watch - damaging your reputation badly in my opinion! 

View more options

@Matt352 @Matcoco - We can help and look into what’s happening with the Apple Watch connecting. I’m sorry you’ve spent so much time trying to get it sorted. I’ve sent you both a private message. Please follow the steps from there with how to send us your details.

View more options

Note - my issue has been formally logged with Vodafone technical support for a week now and despite chasing is still not resolved. Note, I spoke to a manager at Vodafone today who is now blaming Apple!!! Surely Vodafone can take ownership as after all they are happy to take my money!! 

View more options

@Gemma - I see you've helped with a problem like ours, here on the forum before so I am reaching out to you in desperation! I've spent since before Christmas trying to get my wife's Apple Watch series 3 Cellular connected to the Vodafone network (it continues to show "No SIM" in the watch's Mobile data settings). Your technical support people keep pointing me to a web page that should allow me to activate the watch's eSIM but when I enter the eSIM's phone number, I get a "505" error page, which suggests the web application is broken (on her mobile) or "Sorry, we're making a few tweaks" on my PC. That's been the case for almost a week now. No-one seems to be able to work around this. Can you please help?

Jeremy

PS. I've had my Apple Watch series 4 working fine on Vodafone for over a month now. Didn't have any of these problems getting that set up...

View more options

I'll be happy to look into what’s happening with your wifes Apple Watch not connecting @jeremydonaldson

So I can do this, I’ve sent you a private message, with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Did anybody get a response from Vodafone? 

Im having issues connecting my watch to my mobile data and keep getting error code ‘2005’ call 191. Vodafone are saying that they will escalate but I have to wait a week for someone to get back to me. 

Thanks

View more options

Still waiting

View more options