Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Connection Issue

ANDREWJWARD
4: Newbie

I had to swap my Apple Watch 4 due to an issue.  The first one was connected via e-sim and I had no issues.  However getting Vodafone to swap the e-sim to my replacement Watch has been a nightmare. 5 calls of over 20 minutes each and still not working. Vodafone does not seem to have a clue when it comes to the watch and customer service is truly appalling.  Promised calls back never happen and no-one will take any responsibility to resolve the issue. The stock answer I have had each time is 24 hours but each time nothing changes. Very poor service and will look to move everything away to a network that can deliver and treats customers with respect. What a joke! 

56 REPLIES 56

DGL75
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

This is the EXACT situation I have unfortunately found myself in.

Except I have been nieve enough to believe the [Removed] that the 191 helpline technitions tell me," Wait 2days, no wait 5 days, wait 2 hours........"

This has been going on for 5 weeks now since I picked up the watch from Apple. I have probably spoken to over 20 different members of the tecnical department, I have been into 2 Vodafone shops and I still cannot get my apple watch connected to the Vodafone plan that I am paying for.

This company is very happy to take your money and make promises, but when things go wrong they just lie and send you round and round in circles blaming others.

I have finally had enough, I have asked for my PAC code to go to EE, guess what, the ******* telephone operator hung up on me!

I am so angry. I literally do not know what to do next.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

It's been over 2 months for me now and still no resolution. They've even stuffed up my online account trying to fix the issue. I'm getting extremely frustrated by the total lack of care or ownership of the issue even though I've raised it with the complaints team. 

I spend £300 a month at times and usually about £200 with them. They are about to lose that custom. 

Hi, 

I have raised it, raised again, and raised to the super top of the Tech department. 

Absolutely nothing........

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you've experienced such a delay pairing your apple Watch and iPhone @DGL75 and @Rizlah. We'll be happy to take a look into this for you.  As we'll need access to your accounts to do this, please follow the instructions in the private message I've sent.

Well that's @Mark , I have sent you a message but I will not hold my breath. 

So today I phone 191 again, but his time it was to get my PAC number as I want to leave this ridiculous, incompetent, and deceitful company to go with EE. I was on the phone for 1 hour 25 mins, and after being passed from one call handler to another I ended up talking to someone in the UK in retentions. They explained that although they feel my pain when I explained the story to them, if I want my PAC code to leave, I need to pay a early termination force of over £100. 

Needless to to say I was not very happy at this. Due to the fact they sold me an e-sim which I bought in good faith expecting it to work, however 5 weeks on its still not connected.

After demanding I speak to a supervisor, they told me they are busy, I said I'd wait, 10 mins later on hold  they came back and said they have now left for the day! 

I am am so angry I will now be contacting OFCOM, with all the emails and documents I have got, they will be held to account over this.

and the more time that has passed it's become less about the watch connection and more about how they treat customers when they have a problem, they literally pass you around from call handler to call handler, until you get bored or run out of time and hang up, this seems to be their business model. 

I absolutely regret ther day I left my last provider, just to join these clowns. 

So.....@mark didnt bother getting back to me!

todays saga;

I walked back into Brighton Vodafone , the extremly helpful and knowledgeable people there spent 40mins undoing the things that the call centre have done, they set up the watch and phone and it was all working nicely together, I just had to wait until the connecting was made at the cetral connections.

Two hours later i get a call from and Irish lady asking why im answering her husbands phone!

Vodafone have sycronised my apple watch with a Mobile phone in Ireland!, I am getting all of his phone calls, he is getting none!

My phone still works for now. 

Utter incompetence. I cannot believe these clowns are a multi-billion pound company.

Further updates tomorrow when I speak to OFCOM!

So todays update is much the same as yesterday, I still have lots of Irish perople calling me on my watch!

Although they are very friendly, it is a complete pain.

I recieved an email from Vodafone stating they are dissapointed I want to leave and want to make amends! They asked me to email them back my name and a pin number they text to me so I could pass security....which I did, 5 hours later I still dont know if i passed security!

Vodafone are a joke. I hope sombody looking to join Voafone who is reading this is rightly put off.

I got the same message asking for the pin. In the same boat. Waiting to hear back. I'm with you.  Dreadful way to run a business. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DGL75 @Rizlah I can see our team have received your emails and will be in touch with a response as soon as possible to help with your Apple Watch queries. Apologies for the delay with this - please be assured that our team will be able to assist further.

Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but the "please rest assured" comments is all we hear from your support team when they are telling us lies like"you'll get a scratch card through the door" or "please await 24-48 hours, it'll all be fixed then"