Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Connection Issue

ANDREWJWARD
4: Newbie

I had to swap my Apple Watch 4 due to an issue.  The first one was connected via e-sim and I had no issues.  However getting Vodafone to swap the e-sim to my replacement Watch has been a nightmare. 5 calls of over 20 minutes each and still not working. Vodafone does not seem to have a clue when it comes to the watch and customer service is truly appalling.  Promised calls back never happen and no-one will take any responsibility to resolve the issue. The stock answer I have had each time is 24 hours but each time nothing changes. Very poor service and will look to move everything away to a network that can deliver and treats customers with respect. What a joke! 

56 REPLIES 56

So todays update......

I finaly decide to take ownership of Vodafones work.

The lack of any kind of responsibility from Vodafone led me to change nearly all of the settings on my personal Vodafone page, I deteted off the Irish blokes phone number that had myseriously attached itself to my account and voila....i am not recieving any of his phone calls anymore, why was this so difficult for Vodafone 'Technical Dept'?

I still cannot make or recieve any phone calls from my watch which was the ONLY reson to get it.

I have decided not to phone up the technical helpline anymore as they do not help, and, well they know nothing about the technical side of this either.

Instead, I have decided to come on here everyday and ##~## off Vodafone, in the hope i can stop some other person signing up a contract with these clowns, everyday until they fix this issue.

PS I never heard back from @Mark, he was probably a bot, And well i have very little hope for @natasha............

until tomorrow folks!

Dear  Friend. 

I'm really sorry this  is  happening  to  you . It also happened  to  me . I  was  waiting  for  a  month  to  receive  watch then another  2  weeks for  them  to make  it  work . Countless endless lies  everyday for  45 days, they offered  me  £25 compensation . I  told  them to   shove  it   down  the ##~## :Laughing_Face: , I  emailed CEO told  him how ##~## he :Laughing_Face: is which  resulted in £100 compensation  after all . 

Multimillion  user systems are  tricky  to  run however Vodafone's seems  to  be  worst on the  market with relatively  large  percentage of  errors  and  faults, wrong charges , dates etc  . Greedy  policy , foreign call centres with  cheap  incompetent workforce only add insult to injury  . They  also  don't  order stock first  anymore . Now  they gather  number of orders , then  contact manufacturer . 

Unfortunately this  sort of behaviour will become more and  more  common when it  comes to  multibillion  companies . They  don't  give  a  fck . They  can  afford  it  now . It  was  different  when technology was growing  they would  fight  for  customer , now  they  are  settled  they  don't  and  won't  care . 

Low profile  of  people who Vodafone employs is  another matter .

Good  Luck !!!

Could you pm me the CEOs email address please 

Sure . 

[Removed]

File official complaint . You will be  given number  to  UK office with English  staff ,  don't  give  up , fight  for  compensation . 

Thanks. I've had my complaint in the system for at least a month now. 

I  think  they   have  56   days . Definetely £100   compensation  is  what  they  owe  you now , I've  been  given  that   for  the  same  period .

Dear Mr Jeffery

I am writing to you as a last resort. I am at the end of my tether with both your customer and technical support team with your complaints department not much better. 

A few months ago I bought an Apple Watch 4 from apple

When I set it up to have cellular (through your one number data plan) I made a mistake, realised it and then tried again. This unfortunately resulted in me having two orders in the system. 

After many calls and chat sessions with your various teams, getting past from one person to anothe; an accounts person cancelled one of them but the watch would never work on my account even though the plan was there and active. I called and contacted your team's via chat multiple times every day of the following weeks to be told each team that they had made a change to.things and that within the next 24 hours it would all be working. I was even told at one point to await a scratch card through my door. Now I know that's rubbish, I'm an IT Consultant for IBM and know a little bit about technology and are fully aware that this is now how the watch pairing system works. 

After much technical support no one at Vodafone could get to work. So the decision was made to cancel the remaining plan so I can go through a new setup on my watch. To date the new setup is not proceeding. 

Also during all the account tweaking done by your various teams when I login to the Vodafone website my account summary page was telling me that there wad a technical issue with my account and that it cannot display my account summary. 

After about 6 weeks I eventually decided to raise a complaint (sorry I don't have the complaint number to hand). The person I spoke to there seems to have only made the issue worse. He has cancelled my online account, so not only can I not get my apple watch paired, I can no longer logon to my account. 

It's now been over two months since (first one number order placed 21/09) and tbh it's getting quite ridicuas I'm sure you will agree. 

The end result I want is to be able to activate a cellular plan on my new watch (which I bought from apple) and gain access back to my account. Once this has been resolved I'm sure you'll also agree that I deserve quite a significant amount of compensation for having to put up with the inadequate customer service as well as the (quite frankly) disgusting lies I've had to put up with over the past few months. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rizlah If you haven't heard back from a member of our team after following the link in the private message and filling out the form with your details, we won't have received your query. We do respond to all emails and follow through on customer issues until they're resolved. 

You'll know if you've submitted your query to us, as you'll receive an automated email which contains your unique reference number. If you let us know this number, we'd be happy to chase this up for you. If you haven't got one, I'd advise trying to submit the online form again. 

We do want to resolve your Apple Watch problem, but we can't discuss this in detail with you until you've done the above. 

I got an email asking for a pin they sent to my mobile. Sent them the pin. No reply. 

I'm now with the directors office hopefully after emailing your CEO. Hopefully I'll get some traction now. Else I'll be taking my £300 a month to another network. 

@Rizlah If you haven't heard back from a member of our team after following the link in the private message and filling out the form with your details, we won't have received your query. We do respond to all emails and follow through on customer issues until they're resolved. 

You'll know if you've submitted your query to us, as you'll receive an automated email which contains your unique reference number. If you let us know this number, we'd be happy to chase this up for you. If you haven't got one, I'd advise trying to submit the online form again. 

We do want to resolve your Apple Watch problem, but we can't discuss this in detail with you until you've done the above. 

Absolute lies, I am on my 7th week of no connection, with 2 members on here promising for this to be resolved in 24hrs, but Ive never heard from them again. Your techncal dont not have the knowlwdge or the capacty to make a cup of tea let along fix a phone signal, Vodafone are a shower of [Removed] and i regret the day i left the 3 network.

You helpline do nothing but delay, timewaste , pass on the responsibilities to other teams and lie. 

This is what Vodafone stands for.

I will also be emailing the ceo and see if the lies start from the top down.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]