Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Connection Issue

ANDREWJWARD
4: Newbie

I had to swap my Apple Watch 4 due to an issue.  The first one was connected via e-sim and I had no issues.  However getting Vodafone to swap the e-sim to my replacement Watch has been a nightmare. 5 calls of over 20 minutes each and still not working. Vodafone does not seem to have a clue when it comes to the watch and customer service is truly appalling.  Promised calls back never happen and no-one will take any responsibility to resolve the issue. The stock answer I have had each time is 24 hours but each time nothing changes. Very poor service and will look to move everything away to a network that can deliver and treats customers with respect. What a joke! 

56 REPLIES 56

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rizlah @DGL75 - I’m sorry to hear the issues with your Apple Watches are still ongoing. As you’re now with with our Directors Office, they’ll handle it from their side. Please let us know if you need help with anything in the future. 

Thanks @gemma!.

You are correct I have been contacted by the directors office.....is that meant to sound impressive or what?!

The very polite lady carefully explained to me what was going to happen, which was ultimately EXACTLY the same process as i have been through 12 times before....give the EID number, wait 24 hours, turn it off then on.....

Well the 24hrs is up at 2pm today!

Im very excited, I can barely contain myself! I shall be reporting the outcome on here immidiately afterward!

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @DGL75 how have you got on with your query? 

So, 

after Vodafone escalated this all the way to the Directors office of complaits, we have finally fixed the issue.

The issue all along is that Vodafone have not got the capability to fix this issue, it is beyond them.

So my fix is that I have left Vodafone and I am joining EE. 

I managed to get so angry they agreed a no fee departure.

I'm still with the directors office. My latest call with them was yesterday where the girl assured me my watch would start working at midnight last night and that it would take them 5 days to fix my online account. I can't receive phone calls on my mobile now either. 

Guess what. It's now more than 11 hours past midnight and watch still not working. 

I'm sure EE will have you up and running in no time. 

Go luck with it all

they really dont know how to fix this issue, Good luck also!

So a quick update. 

Today my watch got connected and started working. I did have to send another email suggesting that after 4 months I'm sure they'd agree that they are in breech of contract and they should therefore let me leave their service if they don't get it fixed immediately. 

So far so good. 

Now just my online account to get fixed.