Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Connection Issue

ANDREWJWARD
4: Newbie

I had to swap my Apple Watch 4 due to an issue.  The first one was connected via e-sim and I had no issues.  However getting Vodafone to swap the e-sim to my replacement Watch has been a nightmare. 5 calls of over 20 minutes each and still not working. Vodafone does not seem to have a clue when it comes to the watch and customer service is truly appalling.  Promised calls back never happen and no-one will take any responsibility to resolve the issue. The stock answer I have had each time is 24 hours but each time nothing changes. Very poor service and will look to move everything away to a network that can deliver and treats customers with respect. What a joke! 

56 REPLIES 56

Good news i sent the vodafone ceo a email yesterday afternoon and when i turned my phone on this morning its connected to my apple watch im now happy to say all is well .. 

Slim1234
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodaphone sort it or stop charging !

Apple Watch 4 is brilliant. As is IPhone Xsmax

if you keep the two together all works fine

However, try using the watch on its own, using cellular, then this is where your problems will start.

Apple have designed wonderful tools,why can’t Vodaphone get them to work ?

Not one of the telephone advisors for Vodaphone, nor Vodaphone store employees has any idea about how to set up the Apple Watch series 4 to run off cellular.

Instead of coming clean, admitting they have no useful training, I was met with one fob off after another.

Examples.

“We will send a code through the post to activate the cellular watch” - nonsense ! Wait a week and find no “scratch off” card has arrived ! 

“You will have to back to the store to correct wrong inputting”. Why ?

So I go to the store ( 2nd time), staff have no idea what to do. They get onto the “chat line”, and tell me I must wait to sort it out ! Why ? 

I leave telling them to phone phone me on my mobile. I wait. Same story. They have now sent an “internal” message to another department and this will take another 72hrs ( but only when Monday comes as nobody from that dept works weekends !

My interpretation of all this is the staff have had no training.

This I can understand. But fobbing customers off with things like a ‘scratch card” in the post, or “you will have to go the store” is not acceptable.

low lifes just offered 25 quid for 40 days problems 

I was assured I would receive a call from “Advanced Technical Support” today with an update. It’s now gone 6pm and I’m still waiting...

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Consort We typically ask for the EID so we can pair the Watch specific to you. Have you received the call from our Advanced Technical Support team since posting yesterday?

@Slim1234 I'm truly shocked to hear you were advised you'd receive a scratchcard with a code to pair the devices 😳 Have you contacted our technical support teams via 191 since being misadvised? Have you been able to get the Watch connected?

Hi eventually decided to end my contract with vodaphone because of all the issues.

However, I was persuaded by a customer support to let them try again. I had a call an hour ago asking for my EID number. Assured it would be sorted by midnight. I’ll be asleep then, so who knows ? Let’s wait and see.

Absolute disaster now. 

Not only does my watch still not work on cellular, but Vodaphone have changed ny mobile number wighout my permission, meaning none of my business or personal contacts can contact me. 

Can anyone help ?

Josh - no, I didn't receive the follow up call on Monday, so I called 191 yesterday and spoke to a representative who said he would email the contact in the Advanced Technical team to ask him to call me. He didn't, so I'm going to request my PAC today.

Scratch card....😭

martinaje
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am also the user of apple since last year but I can't connect watch with iTunes and getting code 0xe8000015. Why this is happening with my device. Tell me the procedure because I am new for them. I didn't give me an update about this app. Can you please give the full details or any other blog.