Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Connection Issue

ANDREWJWARD
4: Newbie

I had to swap my Apple Watch 4 due to an issue.  The first one was connected via e-sim and I had no issues.  However getting Vodafone to swap the e-sim to my replacement Watch has been a nightmare. 5 calls of over 20 minutes each and still not working. Vodafone does not seem to have a clue when it comes to the watch and customer service is truly appalling.  Promised calls back never happen and no-one will take any responsibility to resolve the issue. The stock answer I have had each time is 24 hours but each time nothing changes. Very poor service and will look to move everything away to a network that can deliver and treats customers with respect. What a joke! 

56 REPLIES 56

jacobLondon
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Unfortunately you are right . Vodafone failed 100% on Watch . Most of people was promised deviced in two days but received it after 4 weeks . Cellular is not working and no one has a clue . I only can encourage people to fight for compensation when cellular starts work . Depending on time it takes ask for more or less . Don't forget 6 months is not free . It's 24 payments squeezed i  18 months so first six look like free . You pay for it already and it is not working . Proper ##~## work for this network and I don't eben want to speak to them anymore

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ANDREWJWARD It's a shame to see you're having issues with your Apple Watch and none of the changes have helped get it up and running. If you'd like our team to take ownership of this, please contact us using the link in my private message. We'd love to get this resolved for you 👍

Exactly the same experience for me too. Original watch was connected relatively quickly and worked well. But when I needed to connect the replacement watch? Well, almost two weeks on and still nothing. I appreciate this is new for Voda and we should expect some teething troubles. But there is only so much I can take of:

• Being asked to give it anything from 2 hours to 7 working days;
  • Being asked to unpair, reset and re-pair the Watch, as if it's a problem with my set up;
  • Having to endlessly tell the agent what my phone number and password is, even though you know very well what number I'm calling from and I've already passed security;
  • Being told that the problem is actually because I've cancelled my contract and ported my number to Telefonica. And then two minutes later it's because I've ported to T-Mobile. And then two minutes later they can see I've not cancelled my contract or ported at all.

When I had a Watch with EE they too had their teething troubles, but I don't recall there ever being this kind of issue of having to manually tell agents the EID so that they can link it to the account. It was all done via the app. And no-one is willing to say when it's going to be resolved.

C

Maybe you can fix my issues to

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Slim1234 I’m sorry to hear your problems still aren’t resolved and there also seems to be an issue with your number. So we’re able to help find a resolution, please send us your details via the private message I’ve sent you.

@Consort I’m sorry to hear you didn’t receive your call back and haven’t been emailed by the Technical team, so we’re able to chase this up for you, I’ve also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@martinaje It’s odd that you’re having problems accessing iTunes, have you reached out to Apple to see if this is a known error?

Im now on the apple watch connection rounabout im been passed from pillar to post ive spoke to 191 all around the world to be fair ive only been fobbed of for two weeks and went to a exspensive plan as i was told its the only way to connect by cellular to the apple watch . Every time i ring or call into the store it takes 24 hours to put there fix into action but it doent ive now been passed onto the highest technical dept they need 4 days to reply . Every one at vodafone knows there is a problem but they will not admit to it but they still charge the high call plan i suppose if they addmit to a problem a lot of people would reduce there call plan so i can see why vodafone are dragging there feet anyway thursday 24th jan is the day it will all be sorted .... am i holding my breath errr no 

I feel your pain. I had to contact the CEO before it eventually got fixed.  However during my issues they broke my online account which I'm still waiting on them fixing. That's more than 6 months now I've been on the roundabout. At least my watch works now. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rizlah As your account will currently be with our Directors Office team, we'd be unable to intervene to assist with your online account and I hope this is resolved for you as soon as possible.

@lanerider I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing these issues when contacting us to resolve your Apple Watch query. Please keep us updated with how you get on following the update from our Technical team on 24 January. Should you need further assistance, please get in touch with us through the details sent in the private message that you'll receive shortly. We can then take a closer look into this for you.

You are correct and I want account for your help as you've been unsuccessful in helping to date. I was replying to the poor other person suffering the same issues that I've had for offer 6 months now.