Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Error 2005

garetc
12: Established
12: Established

I recently did a transfer of ownership (consumer to consumer) and the Apple Watch add-on stopped working after the transfer had taken place. 

I tried to remove and re-add the data plan which didn't work and contacted customer support who told me I would get a call back within two hours from the technical support team (on a Sunday) after 4 hours I called up and was told that team did not work on Sunday's but bizarrely the agent said he would send an escalation email which would get me a call back from the second line team on the same day (still Sunday when they supposedly don't work) Unsurprisingly they did not call me back so I called on Monday and was told that technical support were 'working on the issue' and would call me back shortly. 

I then called back more than a few hours later and was told that there was nothing the agent could do and the issue would be fixed today as the superuser needed to work the account. Again today, unsurprisingly, it's still not allowing me to add the watch add-on back on the phone today and I am getting error 2005 and I should contact customer services.

Should I just give up all hope and cancel the add on? An agent told me I'd have to pay an ETF of £3.81 which is ludicrous as it doesn't bloody work anymore! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called up complaints today as no none returned my call and the lady I spoke with called through to technical support. She took the EID number and they did a ‘sim swap’ and now it’s working again. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@garetc I'm sorry to hear you're having issues connecting your Apple Watch following a Transfer of Ownership, we'll gladly see what's happening with this fix for you. Please can you contact our team privately, using one of the following channels:

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Facebook – Vodafone UK

Live chat – Click Here

the_fellowship
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a similar issue, after adding Vodafone One Number to my existing plan, I am unable to "add" my cellular Apple Watch Series 4 (purchased directly from Apple) data plan via the Watch App on my iPhone ( I also get the 2005 error code). I have given my Apple Watch EID to Vodafone a couple of times now, but it still is not working. Vodafone keep instructing me to wait, but after reading numerous cases of people having similar issues, I am not too hopeful! Not sure what else to try?

Note: I have tried contacting Vodafone UK via Twitter and Facebook - not getting any responses on either!

I called up complaints today as no none returned my call and the lady I spoke with called through to technical support. She took the EID number and they did a ‘sim swap’ and now it’s working again. 

@garetbe What number did you call to get through to the complaints team?

Hey,

I used the number here on the Vodafone website.