main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Apple Watch Series 4 - Cellular data STILL not working...

3: Seeker

Hi there

As with so many other people on here it seems, I still can't get the VF data to work on my new watch. I bought it from Apple direct last Sunday. Monday I went into the store - data was set up and I was told it would work within 48 hours max. Weds, still no luck. Went back to store and spent an hour in there!! The guy was speaking to tech support online, and they advised to reset and reboot the watch after 2 hours and it'd work. Left it 6 hours - still nothing. I then called 191 and spoke with the tech team myself. I was advised it would be up and running by yesterday morning. Nope! We're now on Friday... STILL NOTHING! What is going on? As with everyone else, we've paid the additional money to get the cellular version, and we can't use it! Sort it out Vodafone! 

What do I do now as I'm wasting hours trying to sort this and noone has a clue what they're talking about and I keep getting fobbed off with absolute rubbish it seems! 

I'm on a sim-only plan currently, and have upgraded my new phone, so this should be arriving at some point. Not that I upgraded my phone and plan due to the watch at all, but would this have anything to do with it? I can't see how it would, but I'm tearing my hair out with VF here, so I'm trying to think of reasons myself! Oh, and on that, I was told the iPhone X was in stock and it would arrive by Tues (15th). Oh shockingly, I was lied to again, as I was advised immediately by text after placing the upgrade order that the phone wasn't in stock. So god knows when that will turn up! 

Thanks.

Adele

View more options
1 REPLY

Hey @Adele05, I'm really sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your Apple Watch and know how frustrating this must be.

So I can take a closer look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options